Forgotten
10 Warriors: Gauss Flayers ... 120

Scuttling Death
6 Scarab Swarms ... 78
Creeping Terror
6 Scarab Swarms ... 78

... 944

... 1,984 Total

x2 Battalions, Battle Forged. 9 Command Points Available.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-17, 03:27 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I've tried using Lords in a couple games now for their morale re-roll and it's been pretty much useless in-game for me even while playing 20-man squads of Warriors. I also think you have a serious lack of anti-armour units; anything with a range longer than 24" is going to be able to put a hurt on your pretty much unchallenged until you make it across the board. If you face opponents who use lots of vehicles/walkers you may have some trouble getting things done.

Aside from that have you played this list yet (or Necrons in 8th at all) and what tactics are you thinking of employing?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-17, 07:22 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

I think you're overrating the command points. This list seems made to get a lot of those, but while they're good to have in a pinch, that's really only valuable in ADDITION to effective units.

The main strength of Necrons in 8th is endurance - anything that isn't focused down completely will refill through Reanimation Protocols and Living Metal. Because of that, you really want the Warriors in a block of 20 rather than 10 - it's far easier to COMPLETELY remove 10, at which point Reanimation stops working.

Keep firmly in mind Maxim 35: That which does not kill me has made a tactical error.

@ntaw has a definite point on anti-vehicle... At the moment your only real anti-vehicle units are the Triarch Stalker and Anrakyr himself. While you can still glance them (on 5s even, instead of 6s as in 7th) all vehicles now have saves and a ton more staying power. For example, let's look at the humble Rhino. Using Immortals w/Gauss Blasters, you will on average need 68 shots to get through its 10 Wounds. That's a lot. Probably more than you'll have time for before it unloads a squad of unfriendlies in your face.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-17, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Feed

This is a themed list designed for friendly games. I have played a similar list and I know it will have virtually no power against vehicles. But in infantry heavy games, this list WILL tear units apart with ease.

The Lords are simply cheaper staves of light and minor cc hitting power, the crypteks are the real support and will give their buff to units surrounding them in a diamond shaped phalanx pattern.

I don't expect this list to be competitive, for that I'd drop the warriors, lords and probably the tesla immortals to be replaced with destroyers, scarabs and probably another one or two stalkers.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-17, 08:45 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Okay, that's the sort of info we need before we can properly comment

Things to note:
With Initiative gone, Necrons fight like Space Marines in CC (Warriors equal Scouts, Immortals equal Tacticals) so while they're not very killy don't be afraid to charge in. Between godlike Leadership and Reanimation Protocols, you can at the very least tarpit all but the most dedicated CC squads forever. Lords can join in, a Staff of Light is actually a pretty decent melee weapon... Cryptek should stay out of it though, unless he's the nearest target for a lot of a shooting otherwise.

Vehicles with Quantum Shielding are impossible to take down efficiently. The interaction with weapons that used to have the Melta rule (now usually "roll 2d6 pick highest") is especially amusing, unless you're the one holding the meltagun. The Stalker is likely going to be around for a bit despite him being the obvious target for all the anti-vehicle your opponent brought.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-17, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandathe View Post
Okay, that's the sort of info we need before we can properly comment
...My bad.

Quote:
With Initiative gone, Necrons fight like Space Marines in CC (Warriors equal Scouts, Immortals equal Tacticals) so while they're not very killy don't be afraid to charge in. Between godlike Leadership and Reanimation Protocols, you can at the very least tarpit all but the most dedicated CC squads forever. Lords can join in, a Staff of Light is actually a pretty decent melee weapon... Cryptek should stay out of it though, unless he's the nearest target for a lot of a shooting otherwise.
This had occurred to me, but it will likely only be the province of the tesla squads and the warriors. The -2 Ap on the blasters is too good to be throwing away like that.

Quote:
Vehicles with Quantum Shielding are impossible to take down efficiently. The interaction with weapons that used to have the Melta rule (now usually "roll 2d6 pick highest") is especially amusing, unless you're the one holding the meltagun. The Stalker is likely going to be around for a bit despite him being the obvious target for all the anti-vehicle your opponent brought.
I must admit I'm curious to see how it goes. If it performs well, then a single stalker may be enough for my lists in the future. I had been in the habit of running two, but if this rule pays off that may change in favour of more infantry.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-17, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Feed

This list faced its first trial today, squaring off against a combined force of Alpha Legion and Khornate Marines. The list was very infantry heavy, almost entirely marines and cultists. Only two large units were in his list.

As expected, enemy infantry were decimated. Only the daemon prince and the helbrute gave me any real trouble.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Necron Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode