100%newbie need help with army build - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-30-16, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Default 100%newbie need help with army build

Hello, im just about to purchase my first army, and i want necrons (after some research). Can someone post what units to get aswell as how many points is recomended
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-16, 12:14 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

You have to give more information than that. We need to know how your going to play your army (I.E. gunline, vehicle spam) before we could give any direction. However, I can comment on the points part. 500 points is great for a beginner. It is a very limited number of units on the table. So you have time to focus on the the way the game is played instead of where a 2000 pt game you have so much to remember (I.E. unit abilities, which unit has which weapon, different movements, and many more things). So personally, I would say focus on a 500 pt list (and you can get list ideas in the Necron list section), so you can learn the game.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-16, 01:45 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

For Necrons I would start with the basics, first get the Codex and read it, then get a squad of Necron Warriors and one other thing that interests you (it may actually suck/perform under expectations) but as long as the "rule of cool" is in effect I would go with it.

Then play some games with what you have so that you can get things down, and chat with your local players as the meta may shift between places on what is appropriate for random games. Some might be Win at all costs, and some might be very laid back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Necron Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode