New Limp Bizkit Song ... Opinions? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Default New Limp Bizkit Song ... Opinions?

Hey guys.

Back in the day I liked Limp Bizkit and still have quite a few of their songs on my Ipod.

I caught their new video (didn't know they were even back together) on Kerrang, and was just curious what you guys thought.

I think the song is quite good, worth about 7/10, but the video is awesome, I just can't firgure out why ...

So what do you all think of this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 02:52 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

I used to like this band back when they weren't so confused whether they were a rap group or a metal band, but sinde wes borland came back there sound got a hwole lot better I see them making a comeback just as long as they don't sell out like they did back in the day which is why so many in the metal community hated them.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 06:04 PM

micgao's Flag is: Canada

Wes Borland makes all the difference for me, without him, LB is shit, with him, LB is awesome. Not every guitarist fits what LB does and Wes Borland is the perfect fit.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 06:11 PM

Not only that but wes is still a great guitarist and tends to continue to be creative when it comes to this style.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Does anyone else think Fred Durst is really good at music videos?

His mannerisms and way of acting and moving always seem really cool in his videos.

It might sound like a stupid thing, but some bands look really stiff in their music videos, because don't forget, they aren't really singing or playing at the time.

But his gestures and moves always look pretty cool.

I have this song on my Ipod and to be honest its waaaayyy better when watching the music video (and no not just for the ladies). It just seems more badass watching the band go at it for some reason.

Finally yes, Wes should stick with Limp Bizkit. I actually have his spin-off bands album and its quite good. But he's better in LB and they are much better with him in it ... as in ... if Wes leaves the band is over lol.

Last edited by D-A-C; 07-18-11 at 06:38 PM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 06:31 PM

Some will say Fred is just a douchebag but that's exactly why he's great and that's what makes him enjoyable to watch and listen.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by micgao View Post
Some will say Fred is just a douchebag but that's exactly why he's great and that's what makes him enjoyable to watch and listen.
I personally never disliked Fred to be honest. I also don't understand how LB 'sold out' as Choclate Starfish was great IMO.

I think hating LB was just a trend that everyone jumped on.

I for one, still like nu-metal, as I think its called.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 07:08 PM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

sorry, what new song, i got distracted by the bounceing tits......................lol

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 07:18 PM

LB didn't sell out at all, I actually thought Chocolate Starfish was just like any of their albums, songs with too many fucks (I love those songs BTW), "fun" songs and more great covers. Actually, I don't see LB selling out at all, Fred is who he is, hate him or love him, he's actually one of the most genuine artists out there. Their new album is great, Wes Borland is back, all is well in Limp Bizkit town.

The most common LB hate comment I hear is that rap/metal crossover is not meant to work but RAtM is one of the most legendary bands ever (arguably my favorite). The other arguments is that they make covers, well RAtM made alot of covers too. If we go further, people seem to really like Linkin Park but they are a Nu-Metal band too.

I think the only reason people hate on LB is because of Fred, he's really a hit or miss with people, but like I said, he's not someone who's gonna change himself or his music because of opinions and IMO, that makes a great artist.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A-C View Post
I personally never disliked Fred to be honest. I also don't understand how LB 'sold out' as Choclate Starfish was great IMO.

I think hating LB was just a trend that everyone jumped on.

I for one, still like nu-metal, as I think its called.
Chocolate starfish redeemed them and then when wes left they blew it after that.

If you ask me there worst idea was making the significant other album. It was a terrible album and all Fred wanted to do was rap and wes spent way to much time exprimenting with his guitar than actually playing it. When chocolate starfish came out they actually put out an album worth hearing and Fred instead doing random shout outs, he actually came back and did what sounded better he used emotion within the song. I never was very fond of bands that could do nothing but sing about nonsense, well with the exception of The Blood Hound Gang and Wed. 13 ,but even they still have emotion poured into the words they sing, you may have to listen to the words, but as you begin to decypher the message it tends to show that they are more serious than what you were to think to begin with.

The music industry is all about the trends and less about the music today and unfortunately we wind up mostly with cookie cutter clone bands that mimic another current trendy sound and then you wind up with pop musicians that don't write there own music anymore, but yet is processed and created with use of a computers and synthisizers and all they do is record there voice, then when it is performed they aren't performing they are lip synching and doing choreograph dancing.

The same I say about the rap scene, hey when I want to watch a musician perform I want see the band perform, not watch them play kareoke night on stage when they sing to music being played off of the CD. If I wanted to do something like that Ide just sit at home and listen to the CD and save my money.

Th metal scene and the underground scene is the only place I see true musicians writing music for the love of the music and it would seem that maybe LB is going back to what made them good and unique in the first place.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Music Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode