Unknown Bands That Are Cool Thread - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-08-11, 07:51 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Urthboy/The herd:

I think King of Cheese introduced me to these. Seemingly unheard of outside of Aus, but bloody awesome.

more hip hop from Eyedea and Abilities:

Love this band, but they never seem to get any recognition. Took me ages to find their album a few years ago.

I think Frightened Rabbit are fairly popular now, but just on the off chance:

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-08-11, 11:18 PM

Amoeba Bait's Flag is: Australia

Here we go:

Russian Circles
Faunts
Pelican
The Postal Service
Sigur Ros
Mogwai
65daysofstatic
maybeshewill

EDIT:
Blatherskite
Shimmergloom
If These Trees Could Talk

Last edited by Amoeba Bait; 06-08-11 at 11:24 PM. Reason: More Bands
post #23 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-09-11, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

This thread has been great so far, some of these bands have already made there way to my ipod.

Don't forget and leave comments about whether or not you like the bands being posted here.

Maybe even give out some +Rep as I have been doing.

post #24 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 04:40 AM

Here's a little spiel for the bands I mentioned earlier: maybe a bit of an incentive to listen to them.

Both Russian Circles and Pelican are instrumental bands that play "heavy" style music. I listen to them beacuse, although I like the brutal riffs and stuff of metal, I'm not the biggest fan of the vocals in most bands. These two bands get past the vocal problem by just playing the heavy riffs in all its headbanging goodness.
Track to listen to from these guys are: Death Rides a Horse by Russian Circles and Bliss In Concrete by Pelican

maybeshewill play a similar style of music as the two above, but just a little less metal. Again, it is an instrumental band, but in a few of their tracks they add some audio bits; dialogue, conversations and the like.
Track from these guays is Co-Conspiritors

65daysofstatic are technically a "postrock/mathrock" band, so what that means is that they play again, instumental stuff, which is sort of rock-y/heavy in nature, but they throw in a bit of a techno/electronic bits as well.
Track to listen to from these guys is This Cat Is A Landmine

Sigur Ros is an Icelandic band, which plays some really relaxing, mellow tunes. The vocals are in both Icelandic and English for some tracks. I really like this lot, and I find their music sort of uplifting, as if just listening to it cheers you up; especially this track: Gobbledigook.

If These Trees Could Talk plays more heavy instrumental stuff, but it has its own unique sound. Hard to describe from someone who doesnt play an instrument, but it sounds as if their tracks have a sort of atmosphere. Great riffs and catchy melodies. This band makes me want ot lie back and reflect on life.
Track to listen to is From Roots To Needles

Faunts has to be my favorite band of all time. They have the same sort of atmoshpere as ITTCT, but their stuff is more subdued and quiet than them. They have a strong rock feel, backed up by a fair bit of electronic-ness, which really comes through on the keyboard. If you've ever finnished Mass Effect, you would remember this track from the closing credits.
M4 Pt II

Blatherskite are a local {Australian} band, which plays a heavy punk/metal set. The lyrics are really interesting and I definatly recomend you look them up. Cant really think of much else to say on them, so have a listen to Majestic.

Mogwai (dont feed them after midnight) are yet another instrumental band, which plays sort of relaxing, sort of reflective music. Thay have really interesting track names and on some of their tracks they have a strong electric influence. Have a listen to White Noise.

The Postal Service is an alternative/indie band which definatly has a strong electric foundation. It is sort of subdued, with 'gaps' between some of their stuff. That probs made no sense, so jusst listen to Band New Colony

Finally, if you need to be cheered up, look no further than Reel Big Fish. A whole bunch of trumpets and an uplifting beat, yes please! Have a listen to Everything Sucks

Last edited by Amoeba Bait; 06-15-11 at 04:45 AM.
post #25 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 04:47 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

one of the smaller bands that come from canada:

not many people know about them, but i enjoy their sound.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #26 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 04:57 AM

jesse's Flag is: USA

The Fall Of Troy and
Dance Gavin Dance are both pretty good bands if youre into math rock kinda stuff. their vocalists (TFoT more so than DGD) arent neccessarily the best but the music is kinda trippy

edit: i forgot black label society! they arent a math rock band like the other two, but is still super awesome~!!!!!!!

a skulltower is just one of those things.
and like all other things in life you have to respect it.
or it will f**k your s**t up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
I suppose it may be to do with Slaanesh's themes, after all horrific rape, incest and perversion among other things can be viewed as weird by others.

Personally I like Slaanesh, I find his followers interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Nurgle for life!
*makes vague attempt at gang sign sort of thing before giving up and going back to making more Nurgle stuff*

Last edited by jesse; 06-15-11 at 07:02 PM.
post #27 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

post #28 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 11:18 PM

Remember, if any of these relativly un-heard of bands come to become massivly famous, listen to the advice of Good Guy Greg

GOOD GUY GREG SAYS.....

Last edited by Amoeba Bait; 06-15-11 at 11:20 PM.
post #29 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 12:28 PM

Dawnstar's Flag is: New Zealand

AFAIK Linkin Park are quite popular, but I want to recommend them anyway. Some of it is quite inspiring and the lyrics are awesome. I recommend Numb, In Pieces, Iridescent, Pushing Me Away and most of the albums in general

Another band I just started listening to are Skillet. I was skeptical when I saw they were considered a Christian band, but I seriously love their music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Mate, bacon can do anything.
post #30 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 12:46 PM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

king blues
rx bandits
the hippos

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Music Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode