The Hobbit 2: Credits Music released - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-13, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Default The Hobbit 2: Credits Music released

So PJ and Warner Bro's have gone ahead and released the track that will be playing over the credits for the Hobbit 2 no doubt as another way of building hype for the film. At the recommendations of PJ's daughter he went with Ed Sheeran for the song. I'd heard of him before but not really listened to any of his stuff. Anyway:

I was fully prepared not to like this but I was quite pleasantly surprised by it. It's a lot better than the rather try hardish one that the Finn Brothers did for the first film and while they may be hamstrung a little by the lyrics they had to work with and expand upon I'm still not a fan of the way they worked with the song. I actually really enjoy the version from the film itself. In comparison I think "I see fire" hits the right amount of film references while also being marketable as a stand alone single from Sheeran. It also fits when the established trend that PJ has for credit songs from the Tolkien films which do tend to be softer and reflectory (it's a word... made up by me). No idea if the film will be any good or not but at least I know I will enjoy the credits!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-13, 01:24 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

WOW! I really like that tune! about 1 minute from the end it really builds and i got goose pimples, second time in a week a movie tune has done that to me, got the same effect to certain tunes watching thor 2 !

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-15-13, 05:20 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

I think I prefer the credits from the first one. Fits with the soundtrack from Lord of the Rings better style-wise, I think. This isn't bad... it just doesn't fit with the franchise, I don't think.

For comparison:

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Music Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode