Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Your Best Conversion Model!

86K views 137 replies 92 participants last post by  REDEATH 
#1 ·
Ok so its really simple everyone just post their favourite or best converted models that YOU have made.

I saw a thread similar up on another site a while back and it was HUGE. I think heresy has a crap load of talent and I think we can make a crazy long thread with all the conversions people have done over the years.

They don't need to be crazy complex, painted, or even primed but try and make sure the pictures do the models justice!

I will start with my all time favourite that I did early this year.

Cheers,
Chaosftw

See less See more
#85 ·
#89 ·
I know, this is the blackest kind of blasphemy, but I am finishing up converting a GK Terminator into a Chaos Sorcerer. The paint job is not done yet, he is going to be painted as a TS sorcerer.
The sword arm amputation came courtesy of US airways, and I am having a lot of trouble reattaching it.

Here with his eventual Familiar Slave:

#91 ·
Here's a couple older conversions from my Black Legion army,

First up's my daemon prince. It's an old metal daemon prince w/ wings & tail from the old wood elf forest dragon, helm from a defiler, sword from a keeper of secrets, cityfight base built out of city ruin kits, and assorted minor greenstuff work.

Next up is Mojo Jojo, former chaos lord and, if rumors are to be believed, my future warpsmith. It's an undivided chaos lord w/ modified backpack, kai gun made from sticking the front half of a heavy bolter onto the combi melta the model came with, and power scythe made from marine, eldar, & vamp counts bits. The head is entirely greenstuff.

Last is my chaos terminator icon bearer, which began life as a 2nd edition plastic marine terminator, heavily converted via pinning, greenstuff, & assorted bits to increase its size and chaositude. The icons magnetized so I can swap it out to represent different alignments on the squad.

#94 · (Edited)
I just recently got back into 40k, and this is my first conversion. It's a space marines venerable dreadnought converted to look and seem "dark angely." Let me know what you think!
Front:
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b493/DarkAngelsFan/photo_zps8b798820.jpg
Rear:
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b493/DarkAngelsFan/photo2_zps29b698f9.jpg
Right:
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b493/DarkAngelsFan/photo1_zps62e7c47e.jpg
Left:
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b493/DarkAngelsFan/photo3_zpsff4de71f.jpg
P.s. Sorry if the photos don't work out, I'm new here.
Cheers,
Chris.

#97 ·

(I'm really hoping the pictures work!)
However, meet Autarch Aurellian, former Commorite returned to the Craftworlds!

After she escaped Commorragh with Duke Sliscus, she eventually tired of lacking the means of self-leadership and stole several of Sliscus's ships and returned to Saim-Hann where she eventually illustrated her prowess in battle and ability at strategy and tactics to such a degree that she was eventually promoted to Autarch over the Kahrain warhost, which itself consisted of those warriors who followed her escape from Duke Sliscus's Corsair Fleet.

#103 ·
Wow, how have I never seen this thread before??? Lots of amazing stuff up here.

I don't know what I'd call my "best" conversion (since the better part of all of my armies are converted), but I think one of my most impressive is the good ol' "Stompalith."

That one won me a free tank in a conversion contest at GW a while back, and was in the display case for a time. I've only used it in a battle once though, and all it really did was destroy an anti-tank assault marine squad in CC. Stomp attack, go! Ah, the memories.

#106 ·
I think I have a little too many favorite conversions, however, one I like particularly much is this one:

#111 ·
See in the attachment my skaven warlord conversion.
The colors are a bit weird due to my bad picture taking style :)
Looks great, although it seems like it is about to fall over onto the Rat Ogre at any time.:victory: Perhaps fix a third wheel?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.