Predator/Vindicator/Whirlwind/Razorback upgrade sprues.... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-11, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Default Predator/Vindicator/Whirlwind/Razorback upgrade sprues....

So near as I can tell they all use the Rhino as their core body. I am wondering how uhhh much of the 'upgrades' make up the core structure. Can I have a core Rhino set up to swap the pieces out as needed? Or does the 'upgrades' replace key aspects of the structure of the model? Pretty much I am asking if I can create a base model that can be any of the heavy support options just by swapping pieces.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-11, 07:12 PM

LordOfAbsolution's Flag is: United Kingdom

well from what I know the predator replaces the top hatch and side doors with the main turret and sponson weapons, the vindicator replaces the front drivers panel and the Whirlwind and razorback just replace the top hatch. so I'm sure with a couple of tweeks here and there and some magnets you would easily make them interchangable between them all.

"By the Grace of the Emperor we live, By his will he shatter the Horrors of the Warp, with our blades we will cleanse the galaxy!" - Lord Commander Dominicus of the Saints of Absolution.

"The Emperor is the god of all Mankind, and we, are his lightning bolts that strike down his enemies" - from the book of Absolution
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-11, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Cool, I think it would be much more cost effective for my desire to swap stuff around off and on to have 'base rhinos' that are setup to be other than rhinos. It just seems to make more sense to me than buying multiple rhinos, then pretty much buying them again with extra bits on them. Especially on lists where the rhinos would sit to the side because I went with something different like razorbacks.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-11, 10:53 PM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

It is difficult to make this work with the vindicator. I do not have the model itself but the replacement of the front hull plate and i think a portion of the top is a given. The other two however are relatively easy. The side sponsons for the pred can be magnetised on with the doors done in the same way. As for the top turret the turret ring for the razorback, pred and the whirlwind all drop into the top hatch opening so they can be easily swapped out.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-11, 01:27 AM

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

The Vindicator also has side armor that goes over the existing outer panels. It does change the look of it quite a bit.

@scscofield: do not buy Rhinos. (Sadly, I learned this too late.) It seems to be common wisdom on the forums among SM players to pick up Razorbacks/Predators/Whirlwinds/Vindicators instead and to just swap parts. And the Razorbacks/Predators/Whirlwinds/Vindicators bits can be picked up from eBay if you want more options for the Rhinos you've already bought (like I have).

If you haven't checked it out already, check the sprue database. You can see what's in the kits.

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-11, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

The predator I picked up from ebay showed up today and I noticed that most of it was just the rhino sprues so I see what you mean. It was missing the sprue for the side sponsons though, anyone know if there is a bits place that sells this sprue alone? I am betting I will have to just troll ebay or get a whole upgrade kit, at least I picked it up really cheap.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-11, 02:53 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
The predator I picked up from ebay showed up today and I noticed that most of it was just the rhino sprues so I see what you mean. It was missing the sprue for the side sponsons though, anyone know if there is a bits place that sells this sprue alone? I am betting I will have to just troll ebay or get a whole upgrade kit, at least I picked it up really cheap.
Just talk to someone who has bought a kit from Gw they come with an extra set of Sponsons.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-11, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Extra set as in the weapons also or just the mounts? It looks like only one set from what I can tell on the sprue database

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-11, 09:08 PM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

yeah the vindicator cant be made into the rest really, different sides top and front. . . and the bull dozer although they do look cool on normal rhinos

incidently has anyone easily managed to magnatise the side weapons on a predator or do you always just get some spare weapon mounts from bitz and kitz? and magnatise the whole assembly?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-12, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
You can try the Bitzbarn or the Warstore bitz section

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode