New IG model.. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Default New IG model..

So, first of all I did post this in another category as well, wasnt sure where it would make more ense..

Im putting my IG army together and I want to use a GW mini (so nobody can bitch at tournys..) to represent my IG guys...still using IG vehicles tho..

Im just tired of everyones army more or less looking the same, so I got the idea to use space marine choads minus shoulder pads and backpacks as IG choads...

I ahvnt put em together yet, figured I would get some feedback on it first..

I mean, who is to say that in teh wide expanse that makes up the imperium, that they dont some IG unit that looks similar to Space Marines, and thats really all it would be, is a cosmetic difference, same rules and equiptment as a IG, just a different model.

thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 04:01 PM
Relaxed Gamer

Azwaz's Flag is: Wales

Have you thought about why you want them to look like space marines? or are you just picking something you think it would be easiest to convert? I guess no one would have a poblem with it but people might just say, why space marines? Space Marines are bigger than normal men right? and I know that the Catachan guys are big guys... so it might be worth you thinking of the backround of you Imperial Guardsment to explain their size and/or shape : )

I mean, depending how much your going to change them, people may recognise that they still look like space marines. Its going to be hard to hide that power armour and I'm guessing that even in the WHOLE expanse of the imperium of man, normal guys dont get power armour.

I am also a contributor to this blog where I upload a lot of my other projects under the name Pandorasbitzbox

http://www.krakendoomcool.wordpress.com
@Krakendoomcool on twitter

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 05:12 PM

Silens's Flag is: Wales

Models don't seem to follow the same size rules as 'reality' does. For example.. The short 5'6" Tau Fire Warrior models stands at a similar height to the 7'+ Space Marine. I think you could get IG head and put these on in place of helmets, and obviously replace the bolters with las guns. Maybe remodel areas like the fore-arms to be bare, making it seem a bit less space marine and a bit more IG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
"Look they got a-OH MY GOD I'M ON FIRE FOR THE LOVE OF NAKED SANTA IT HURTS!"

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Good ideas and as for teh reason to use marines, well..I have a surplus of them that arent put together lol, but I have all my IG vehicles.

And other than that no real reason that I think they would look cool lol!

I did get another suggestion to use space marine scouts as regular choads, so I might go down that road, pulling the scope off the sniper rifles would make them look like modified las guns I think!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 09:35 PM

lav25gunner's Flag is: USA

You can customize your IG by buying accessories from different modelers. As long as you keep it mostly GW, I don't see any problem why someone wouldn't let you use them in tournaments, unless they're douche bags.
Biggest difference would be new torsos. These are from MaxMini

Some heads...

Last edited by lav25gunner; 06-24-11 at 09:40 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode