Looted Carnifex birthday present - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-11, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

Azwaz's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarkitty View Post
The fact that a Nids player gave it as a gift to an Orks player just makes it 100x more awesome too.
He's worth the effort, he really appreciates stuff like this. Besides, hes kicked my ass with Eldar, Chaos, Orks and no doubt his Space Wolves once he finishes them. I told him if his Eldar Wraithlord killed my carnifex in hand to hand without help I would give him a spare head as a trophy to include in a converstion of the wraithlord overcoming a carnifex.

I dont think it ever happened... but like I said, if he deserved a trophy for anything, then there he is...

'Stompy, Da Orkiest 'Nid'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 03:25 AM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

That is a very cool conversion. The fact that is was a present was even nicer. You did a really good job on the converison.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 10:35 AM

Blue's Flag is: USA

WOW! Only 7 months! Great work dude, your friend must have been speechless.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 10:57 AM

jfvz's Flag is: Australia

I saw the tital that thought "what the hell??? someone must be smoking something seriously nasty"

Then i had a look at the pics...

and all caring about the non-fluffyness of it went out the window. Its a fricken awesome model. Realy want to see it when its all painted. It also gives me ideas (hybrid half-mechanical tyrannofex anyone?)

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

Yeah, 7 months... It was just an idea back then. I ended up getting 5 new carnifex's out of it though. I just wanted a body, so I bid on a load on E-Bay... and won them all . I didnt work on it that often, other projects on the go at the same time, and a few times when I was scared to touch it. Like once I'd made the 3 arms... I was worried about ruining it by putting them on! Same when I had to put the box on the back... Same when I had to decorate the box and make it Orky... I kept stopping for weeks at a time just worried about doing anything wrong and irriversable. Not to mention that at the start I was like "7 months... thats PLENTY of time". I finished it about a week before his birthday, through that week I was organising the illustration and page layout and it got laminated 10 minutes before I gave the whole thing to him.

I know its not something standard and 'fluffy' (took me while to figure out what people meant by that!), but I never intended it to be. I wrote rules for it, commissioned a friend who illustrates to do a picture for it (the face of which is in the top left of this post) and gave it a layout like the book... complete with origins/background. The manager at the local store even laminated it for me

Everyone keeps saying how much they want to see it painted, but I garentee that no one wants to see it painted as much as me!

Thanks everyone, I really apprecatiate everyones kind words. I was really worried about posting my work online for the first time. So seriously guys, thanks very much.

I am also a contributor to this blog where I upload a lot of my other projects under the name Pandorasbitzbox

http://www.krakendoomcool.wordpress.com
@Krakendoomcool on twitter

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 08:06 PM

Blue's Flag is: USA

Yeah, I do that worrying thing too. Sometimes I totally forget what I was working on I leave it for so long.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-16-11, 12:21 AM

Kharnas's Flag is: New Zealand

Sick sick crazy awesome work, you really managed to capture a shambling hulk feeling without making it so busy it looks like a trash heap.

+rep dude

Whats next ?

Check out my Iron Angel W.I.P's Here

When All else Fails, Apply more Bolters

When Bolters Fail, try cowbell
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-16-11, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

Otherthings in the pipeline include...

A flying Carnifex variant (started before 5th Ed rules)
A Thousand Sons Baneblade (to be used as standard or special custom rules)
A Bloodletter Herald (for a friend)
A Killteam of Ork Tyranid Hybrids
Some lightly converted Thousand Sons Terminators
Craploads of scenery

...and probably some other stuff in a box somewhere that I'll come accross and thing... oh yeah, I forgot about that. I really need to get back into painting though because I havent done any for so long.

I am also a contributor to this blog where I upload a lot of my other projects under the name Pandorasbitzbox

http://www.krakendoomcool.wordpress.com
@Krakendoomcool on twitter

Last edited by Azwaz; 06-23-11 at 07:11 AM.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-16-11, 06:50 PM

piemaster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Wow. What a great birthday present. I am really jealous. It looks really nice [+rep]. I love looted tyranid monstrous creatures, they're so funny when they're done properly. I would like to see it painted and your other efforts so I'll follow this thread hoping to hear more. Do put links in here if you have any other work and then I'll see it more easily.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 09:20 PM

Dakingofchaos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Awesome work dude, thanks for sending the link! This is actually brilliant! Nice work!

As a tzeentch player myself, i would be very keen on seeing a thousand sons baneblade >.<

'If you fail to prepare then you'd better prepare to fail'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode