Work on The Chosen - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-11, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

mr_fallout's Flag is: USA

Default Work on The Chosen

I was rifling through my battleforce and started looking at the sprue when I noticed it contained no upgrades for AC or any special weapons. Since I want the Chosen to use special weapons could I get away with using SM plasma guns, flamers, etc? Also why wouldn't they include parts for an AC or special weapons?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-11, 12:43 AM

yanlou's Flag is: United Kingdom

I havent had the Battleforce personally but as you get the full box of 10 Chaos Marines in there you should have the sprue with AC upgrade and special weapons, which means your missing bits.

If i remember rightly of the top of my head in the 10 man box Chaos Space Marines you should have: 1 Powerfist, 1 Power Weapon, 1 Meltagun, 1 Plasma gun, 1 Flamer, 1 Heavy Bolter and 2 Plasma Pistols.

As to using normal Space Marine special weapons theres no difference apart from the aesthetics of the models, so feel free to use them.

Last edited by yanlou; 06-11-11 at 12:46 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-11, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Okay I am missing bits.I should have gotten an AC, plasma gun, HB, and icon bearer according to the battleforce description on GW's website. None of which I currently have in the box. So the question is what should I do?

Last edited by mr_fallout; 06-11-11 at 12:55 AM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-11, 01:02 AM

You dont get a seperate AS in the box, you get special bits to make him stand out, ok u should have about 6 different helms for the AC: 1 with long ribbed horns with metal tips, one with curved horns the meet in the middle with mouth grill and 2 skulls in between the curved horns, 1 with doubleribbed horns that join with a skull on top with a Khorne symbol hanging from the skull. 1 bold headed with bionics with a horn growing out of it, 1 with 3 eyes pieces and a single ribbed horn and another with 4 horns and and eye symbol in the middle of the head.
You also should have a powerpack with skulls on top of the vents with horns growing out of them and 2 more horns on the power pack, you should also have a chest with a vent in the centre and chainmail.

You also should have 5 Icons which should be Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh and undivided as well and a Icon staff.

If you dont have them id suggest taking it back or calling customer services explain the situation and they should be able to sort it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-11, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Thank you very much. I need those parts obviously. Looks like I'm going to have to wait on calling customer service. Monday-Friday 9:30am-6:00pm.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-11, 01:13 AM

Id get pics up if i could, wait you could use www.bitsandkits.co.uk to check what you have and havent got. You could then list down the bits your missing.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-11, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

It's just one sprue I'm missing I know that much because I bought a CSM squad before the battleforce. I 've got the sprue that I'm missing in my hand. It has everything for the AC, all the icons, and special weapons. Since I've used most of it I still need the one that was supposed to come with the battleforce.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-11, 01:40 AM

Yer youll just have to ring them up and see what hey can do, iv never had to call them myself only ever missed 2 bits and that was a base and the Iron Halo from the plastic Space Marine Captain box.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-11, 01:43 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

It sounds like you're just missing the CSM upgrade sprue. GW usually is pretty good about replacing missing or damaged parts without too much fuss. They might even just send you a whole box of Chaos Space Marines since their inventory doesn't account for separate sprues anymore-- used to be that you could get individual sprues from Direct Order but they did away with that a few years ago.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-11, 02:51 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

I had this happen once last month. They promptly mailed out the replacement sprue to me in a padded envelope.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode