Tervigon sculpt - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

reasnd's Flag is: Australia

Default Tervigon sculpt

I've been playing my Tyrinids again and looking for something to improve my force. After some thought a Tervigon seemed to fit my needs and as I like to scuplt stuff I've put one together.
Here's and early picture.

The rear legs are sculpted from epoxy putty over a wire armature. Making the body I used modeling clay for the bulk and then covered this with epoxy putty detailing as I went. Scything talons are made by taking two lengths of sprue and gluing them together. Then with a file I shaped them, drilled a hold in one end and glued a wire armature in place which was then used to support and shape the rest of the arm. At this stage my intention was to add lots of egg like spheres on the chest, but then the Aracknarock conversions started showing up and I like this idea much better.
So I cut off most of the tail and started building a rear abdomen? Heres the picture.

The abdomen is again made from epoxy putty, but I wanted it to be lighter than the main body so I used foam as the bulking material. This build has taken at least three weeks, I had put off building the remaining two arms as I didn't know what to put there, scything talons, crushing claws, or something else. I the end I took the easy option and used the large scything talons from the Warrior sprue I think.
Any way thats my story, comments and criticism welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 10:46 PM

Nice but i don't like the way the legs connect and just have a feeling he should be fatter he looks too skinny.....

My Deceiver is a shard of the true thing and yet has killed
Draigo
Lysander and countless marines
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 11:54 PM

C'Tan Chimera's Flag is: USA

That thing sure has got a lot of junk in the trunk.

But really, that's awesome!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-11, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

reasnd's Flag is: Australia

Thanks for the comments, I'm fairly happy with the way he turned out. It's a shame I didn't see these sort of builds earlier though as I feel I would have done a better job, if I had started out with the plan of a massive abdomen.
I'd agree about this guy/girl being a bit on the thin side, I'd also liked to have tucked the abdomen in a bit closer to the thorax, but the legs just wouldn't fit. Also if you are referring to the first picture regarding '... how the legs join'. This picture was taken when I was trying to work out a pose and the legs are only pinned. This picture is a final pose pic from the front, although it doesn't really show how I bulked up the legs attachment to the thorax.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-11, 11:58 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

I like it, i would like to see thicker legs also, plus i think you need to work on getting an edge on the plates, some of the parts have a very rounded marshmallowy look to them,these are supposed to be chitinous armored exoskeletons so really need to be harder and sharper edged.
But i think its a good model so far.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode