Building the Stormraven
Ok, I like several people, have gotten my hands on one "early." I'm curious what the people who have built their's so far have to say about it. My thoughts on the matter:
(Sorry no pics)
1. Goes together fairly easily. Nothing that requires alot of holding and praying. (I'm looking at you swooping hawk wings)
2. I like the way the turret weapons look. Made it really hard to decide what to model it with. (went with the assault cannons)
3. I think that if you're adept with magnets (which I am not) you can probably make it pretty modular, with the upper turret, the side sponsons, and the hull mounted weapons.
1. The same complaint I have with eldar vehicles. With the clear canopies you can't assemble the model to a complete state before priming it. In other words the upper turret, the driver's compartment, and the front hull mounted weapon can't be assembled because of the canopies.
2. The turret on top has to be put in before the upper fin/air return piece can be glued on. edit: if you don't glue the weapons onto the turret, I believe it will fit even with the fin already glued on. Guess that's what i get for following GW's instructions.
3. The rear assault ramp has nothing to really hold it on. it's just held in place by friction
4. The side sponsons don't fit tightly enough to just be held in (like rear ramp), I was hoping to avoid having to glue them in, so I could have a more useful model.
All in all, I plan on getting several more. But it's just a pain that so much of it has to sit in pieces and be primed individually before assembly because of the way the canopy pieces fit.
Let me hear your thoughts!
Last edited by Crimson Shadow; 02-04-11 at 09:53 PM.