Brotherhood Of The Star - Daemon Prince - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Gluttoniser's Flag is: Netherlands

Default Brotherhood Of The Star - Daemon Prince

So I finally came up with a name for my Chaos Warband, I named it Brotherhood Of The Star, seeing as they are Undivided and the eight-pointed star of Chaos is what keeps them from a life without purpose.

I took up the brushes and started painting my recently bought Daemon Prince.

deamonprince.jpg

So here is the little bugger how I first painted him, the Bleach Bone Skin gave him a very scary look, but I got a little excited with the blood (which was a bad choice to begin with) and fucked up by painten his teeth green(??)

Photo jan. 16, 20 07 48.jpg

I then decided to go with a more traditional daemon skin and used Red Gore for his hands and face, I also painted the tormented face on his knee Red Gore, with a Bleached Bone spike coming out of it.

Photo jan. 16, 21 07 48.jpg

I noticed his teeth were to white, so I changed to from White to Bleached Bone. I painted his trophy Marine as a White Scar, and made the tubes and wires near his crotch Boltgun metal. The blade I made Mithril Silver, and since I failed at drybrushing the blade I had to paint the runes on it as good as I could.

Next up was the trimming of his armour.

Photo jan. 21, 22 35 40.jpg

The trim I painted with Shining Gold, and I painted some minor details.
Now he's being all bad-ass with one of my Bezerkers recruited for the cause.

Im fairly unexperienced with painting as this is my very first army and my very first metal model I ever painted.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated

RUNES OF WARDING Y U NO LEAVE?!

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ar#post1057655 <--- My Word Bearers log
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 09:09 PM

Dakingofchaos's Flag is: United Kingdom

For starters i'd say his face is a bit too bright, if you want a deep looking red skin, why not try a basecoat of mechrite red, followed by a drybrush of scab red, then try washing it with devlan mud (i only say devlan mud because as a painter im incredibly lazy, and devlan mud will shade anything without the use of highlights) just a thought though, i havnt tried it myself

'If you fail to prepare then you'd better prepare to fail'
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 09:03 AM

yanlou's Flag is: United Kingdom

Its looking good so far, but the armour could do with some highligting but its not to bad,

The face tho, that needs to be washed and highlighted, as suggested use Devlan on the face to shade it and maybe Blod red highlights.

The horns and teeth could do with a wash as well either devlan mud wash or Gryphonne sepia wash will work,
when i wash bone i tend to do muliple layers of wash to give a gradual shade from very dark at its base to light near the top, then i highlight the very tips with bleached bone.

But so far its looking good, wont be often now youll the metal daemon prince.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 03:07 PM

Alexious's Flag is: Australia

I know you didnt like the first attempt.... with green teeth... but I kinda liked the affect.. almost like a skull that had recently had its faced ripped off and we are looking at the bone with blood splatters remaining.

So don't always dismiss your failures.... a few faces like that on marines might be kinda cool.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode