Ork Warboss and Big Mek - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Ork Warboss and Big Mek

Just posting some pics showing two of my favourite models amongst my recently completed Ork army:

My painting log - Misadventures of a Cack-Handed Painter: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=93419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gochu85
I am enjoying all of your articles. Thank you for your help. I hope I can use your tactics along with what I learn from experience to strike fear of green in to my enemies hearts.

Last edited by The Sullen One; 01-19-11 at 03:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 08:06 PM

Master WootWoot's Flag is: Norway

Some tips:

Metallic paint on cloth (Banner)? Normal people paint it grey.
Needs a bit clean-up.
You should paint more covering.
Washes is your friend.
Drybrush the Tin Bitz.

Visit my Sons of Iron log!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits
Those bloody bits websites are a pain in the ass!! maybe they could sell the same bit to multiple people and they can share it on a rotational basis, like a time share, so that terminator cyclone missile launcher you can have the first week in april, two weeks in august and random rolling weekend in December.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 04:35 AM
moo

moo's Flag is: United Kingdom

One thing i've noticed with alot of people's painted models is that they don't define well each of the separate features, for example on your mini the teeth are a good example where the bone/white colour has gotten onto both the lips and the recesses between the teeth, if you want a good looking model like GW stuff, just darkline the model.

Everyone has been praising the washes from GW ever since they came out and with good reason, they are awesome materials to darkline in a lazy way because they will settle in the recesses and darken a model so i think try some washes out and tidy up the model, it'll give a great effect on the metallics too. Personally i prefer the inks over washes as i like stronger pigments but the washes do a good job for painters of all skill levels.

PS: don't drybrush the whole model it'll leave a very messy finish in 90% of cases. Just do specific parts like the gun etc.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

Err... nothing on those models has been drybrushed. I'd had a go at drybrushing the metal on some of my older models and it came out too gray so I didn't use it.

Beyond that the skin has been washed with Thraka Green.

My painting log - Misadventures of a Cack-Handed Painter: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=93419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gochu85
I am enjoying all of your articles. Thank you for your help. I hope I can use your tactics along with what I learn from experience to strike fear of green in to my enemies hearts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 09:30 AM
moo

moo's Flag is: United Kingdom

I didn't mean to imply you drybrushed your model, it's just that it's the favourite tip on this forum from the majority of people except me who hates the technique ^^, but i think you should definitely check out black lining more as it'll help define the features of your models.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode