My Thousand Son's Color Scheme - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-11, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Jdwoogie's Flag is: USA

Default My Thousand Son's Color Scheme

These are my new Thousand son colors and my first sorcerer. Let me know what ya'll think.

woog out!

[IMG] [/IMG]

Woog To Your Mother!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302
Woogified: To be beaten to the punch by a person named jdwoogie.
Also see ninja'd.
Check out my Painted stuff! click -->HERE<--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-11, 03:46 PM

Flindo's Flag is: Canada

I dunno about this one, Orange doesnt really make me think of Thousand sons.

Warhammer:Skaven 9000 points, Lizardmen 1250 points
Warmachine:Dwarves 261 points, Trolls 125 points Gatormen 174 points
Malifaux: Gremlins 100 Soul Stones
Infinity: Morats 1400 points, Shasvastii 600 points
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-11, 04:03 PM

Dagmire's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think with all the colours that it looks to "busy"

Please listen to my PODCAST

http://www.theoverlords.co.uk/podcast/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraknarn
This unholy amalgum of womanly sexiness with unfathomable macho should never have been created. Birth rates will plummit, the entire male population will be turned, women kind everywhere will cry desperately to ravished, but no man will heed the call except Dagmire himself. Perhaps this has been Dagmires plan all along. . . . . .

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-11, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

I'm big on making sure my army looks like they fit together on the table so i try to tie colors within the different units so they match. Orange, brown, and gold are the main colors of my army and i knew the blue was thousand sons so i figured orange and blue go together so i thought i'd try this out. I personally like it and the simpler models don't look as "busy" being they don't have as many colors. Green is the color i use for any power cables on all of my models btw. Thanks for the comments, i'll see what i can do to try to tone it down a little bit. I'd like to hear what others think as well so keep the C&C coming!

Woog Out!

Woog To Your Mother!
Quote:
Also see ninja'd.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-11, 05:56 PM

lav25gunner's Flag is: USA

The colors look good, but I wouldn't think Tsons if you hadn't said so. It doesn't have the typical Tsons color scheme. I think the blue of the armor looks a little to pastel, it almost looks like a metallic sky blue. I can't tell from the picture, but is his helmet/face gold or bone? If it's gold, you should give it another coat so it shines more and it doesn't look dirty and faded. If you're happy with the colors, then the only thing your model needs is a little washing on the metals and maybe some highlights. I would also put a little more work on the eyes, maybe go a little brighter so they look like they're glowing.
Good job.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-11, 06:03 PM

Flindo's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by lav25gunner View Post
The colors look good, but I wouldn't think Tsons if you hadn't said so. It doesn't have the typical Tsons color scheme. I think the blue of the armor looks a little to pastel, it almost looks like a metallic sky blue. I can't tell from the picture, but is his helmet/face gold or bone? If it's gold, you should give it another coat so it shines more and it doesn't look dirty and faded. If you're happy with the colors, then the only thing your model needs is a little washing on the metals and maybe some highlights. I would also put a little more work on the eyes, maybe go a little brighter so they look like they're glowing.
Good job.
thats exactly what I was thinking, none of these colors make me thing of thousand sons at all, when I think thousand sons I typically think gold and blues, my friend has a thousand sons army so I am used to fighting with Tsons

Warhammer:Skaven 9000 points, Lizardmen 1250 points
Warmachine:Dwarves 261 points, Trolls 125 points Gatormen 174 points
Malifaux: Gremlins 100 Soul Stones
Infinity: Morats 1400 points, Shasvastii 600 points
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-11, 06:19 PM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

The orange on the backpack is too much. If that part was in blue it would blend with the overall look of the model better. Right now it stands out too much and doesn't look right. I would also consider making the gloves/hands blue. Right now the orange is too sporadic and isn't drawing the model together. As Dagmire has said it is very busy looking. You have the green piping which already matches with the rest of your army and the robes should be enough to make him suitably matching also. Sometimes a little bit goes a very long way. I think that between the blue, green and gold and the robes you will find it fits in quite well with the rest of your army. It is an HQ model after all and they should stand out a bit from the core bulk of your army.

I like the blue color, looks good. Not too dark, not too light but nice looking.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-11, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks again everyone. I have no clue how or where to highlight so i avoid it like the plague. Not an HQ unit but a aspiring sorcerer, I'll keep him as he is till i have a few regular troops done and can get some picks of him with an accompany. The gloves i painted orange because they have a cloth appearance to them just like the robe did. I've already changed the red on the axe to gold, and painted that orange on the back pack blue. Thanks for the comment about the color unforgiven, I custom mixed it: 3 parts regal blue, 1 part skull white, 2 parts mithril silver. I should have a second grunt done by this evening or later this afternoon. Anything to save those poor kittens....

woog out!

Woog To Your Mother!
Quote:
Also see ninja'd.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-11, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Here are some pics of the aspiring sorcerer and two troops. I made some small changes to the sorcerer. Let me know what you think.

woog out

Woog To Your Mother!
Quote:
Also see ninja'd.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-11, 11:04 PM

Caherwain's Flag is: France

Hello,

The thing is : orange is the opposite secondary color of blue (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sVxOTLCl0C...olorwheel1.gif)

Basically, on a miniature, you'd better try not to put a primary color and its secondary opposite color at the same time (at least not on such big parts)

Now, you could try to optimize a good effect by doing more shadows and highlights (Don't hesitate to use black and white in your colors to get a good constrast)

Also on the metal parts, you should use some washes (especially on the weapon) The one from citadel are very cool to get some quick and nice results.

Good luck for the upcoming Thousand Sons ;)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode