Nurgle Daemon Prince From Plastic Kit? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 08:38 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodd View Post
Green Stuff is tecnically easy to use, but difficult to get right, at least to me. Probably because i am not the greatest sculpter around.

But i would like to see a Nurgle DP, that is not the "bloated" version. I don't think that it always have to mimic Father Nurgle. The plastic DP with some thinkets and damage as B&K suggested and a painting scheme with rusty weapons and armour, decayed skin, horns, marks of nurgle in different shapes and not least of all; Nurglings.

And with a base fitting to the DP decayed weapons, armour etc. from different races,again with the resident nurgling, i think you would end up with a DP, worthy the gaze of the Great Unclean One.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
The metal nurgle dp is still availible, its also probably the best dp ever released
I hate working with metal lol, although it does look very cool.

The only metal mini's I'll have in my army are Fateweaver and Skulltaker on a Chariot and thats it! Lol.

Zodd, you've inspired me. To heck with green stuff. I was on the fence to begin with as I'm not that great at modelling / painting, so I'd rather just stick with learning to paint, ink and highlight better, before going crazy with the silly putty.

The old Death Guard Armour scheme, using the Sword instead of a Man Reaper, and just avoiding those sterotypes will be the name of the game.

I promise I'll post pictures when I get it done!!!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 09:29 PM

Flayed 0ne's Flag is: USA

Icon

i think it was a post here at Heresy somewhere....but someone used small patches of sand for his nurgly conversions, that quite convincingly looked like little boils and diseased skin when all painted up...bigger boils and pustules are very easy with green stuff...just roll little balls of diffrent sizes and apply to the model (in clumps of three)...give it a nice coat of glue and after it dries the area where the ball meets the model will actually look "raised" instead of just a ball stuck onto it (ive tried this to Nurglfy my Death Guard Vindi and it turned out pretty sweet)...good luck!!

Last edited by Flayed 0ne; 01-20-11 at 09:37 PM.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 01:00 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

never thought of that might have to try it sometime

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 02:09 PM

Oldenhaller's Flag is: United Kingdom

if you're kit bashing it might be worth looking at the other large weapons available out there so its not too generic. I'd suggest the giant and that sort of thing as they're around the right scale and are more chaosey - the large part of a ruined imperial shrine on a chain comes to mind.

As to not green stuffing, think about other plagues, poxes and the like - what else might he look like. If you could do an emachiated cadaver/zombie paint scheme with pale flesh, bruises and the like that might be quite cool. I'd work out which head to use beofre hand as the grinning idiot is just pap in my book.

In addition to all of that - the cutting and pitting of armour is a great idea...although i would go so far as to work in some modeling - there's a great tutorial for doing muscle work in a privateer press article - will see if I can find the link.

-O
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 02:43 PM

Oldenhaller's Flag is: United Kingdom

found it!

Really like this tutorial and think it could be applied really nicely to this...in fact I may just have to make me one...although I'm still not 100% on which head to use...

-O
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 03:57 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

that is a great article

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 09:19 PM
Grey Knight Converter

asianavatar's Flag is: Canada

Have you considered the new Skaven hellpit abomination. Its pretty fat and nurgle like. It has all these extra bits than can be used or not. It would make a good base from where to add things on and saving you having to sculpt the main base which can be the hardest thing. Only thing is that it might be too big.

I used to roll the dice, Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

Quote:
I'm afraid there's no authoritative source for thinking you're an asshole
Aramoro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode