Bits sites that buy / trade-in. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Whizzwang's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Bits sites that buy / trade-in.

Odd one.

I have a shit load of stuff left over from this chaos project. Mainly a crap load of Dark Angel junk I'm never gonna use.

Any idea if any of the bits sites have a trade in type affair?

really CBA'd to list it all on ebay for the associated seller fees, ebay's cut of sellingprice and the anal rapage of paypal.

The Infernal Council of the Lord of Nine Tzeentch C:SM Project Log

Last edited by Whizzwang; 10-01-10 at 10:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 10:24 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

Bits and Kits?

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 11:29 PM

Ebay will prob get you your best price since most bits sites need to make a decent enough profit so you will get shafted price wise.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-10, 01:12 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerHive View Post
Bits and Kits?
nope, unlikely to contain anything of converting value,takes too long to sort ,value and up load and very difficult to account for on the books as unlikely to have a receipt. Ebay or bring and buy at a wargames show are the best options available.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-10, 10:26 AM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
nope, unlikely to contain anything of converting value,takes too long to sort ,value and up load and very difficult to account for on the books as unlikely to have a receipt. Ebay or bring and buy at a wargames show are the best options available.
Have you ever considered adding a user managed section to your site B&K? Let People upload their own products in mini shops whilst you take a flat margine off of all sales. It would mean you capitalise on the fact that most modellers have an extensve bits collection. You would be making money from other people using you to sell bits without buying the stock yourself. It would increase your stock file and therefore improve overall sales.
Also it would mean that even if you ran out of stock of something then you could be making money because other users have the item in stock.

Just a thought. I personally have whole boxes of complete bits that i've held onto including inquisitor heads etc that i will prolly never use.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-10, 10:51 AM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

Over the last month or so i have been ebaying my massive bitz box in small packages (say '10 heads' or 'five pairs of bolter arms, for example') and actually getting quite a bit for them, even the stuff i didn't think anyone wanted or any respecting SM player would have in an equally vast quantity as myself.

My box is pretty much empty now though so there's a gap in the market
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-10, 12:36 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimzagGorwazza View Post
Have you ever considered adding a user managed section to your site B&K? Let People upload their own products in mini shops whilst you take a flat margine off of all sales. It would mean you capitalise on the fact that most modellers have an extensve bits collection. You would be making money from other people using you to sell bits without buying the stock yourself. It would increase your stock file and therefore improve overall sales.
Also it would mean that even if you ran out of stock of something then you could be making money because other users have the item in stock.

Just a thought. I personally have whole boxes of complete bits that i've held onto including inquisitor heads etc that i will prolly never use.
Its something i have considered and as attractive idea making money is from other peoples sales, it would come with baggage and problems mainly in the customer service area, As it stands if i sell something and i cock it up, im resposnsible and i sort it out and any back lash from the cock up is mine and my fault, once you start hosting other peoples sales and taking a slice, you are involved and then have to consider what happens when one of your own valuable customers gets ripped off or is unhappy with an outsiders customer service.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Last edited by bitsandkits; 10-02-10 at 12:40 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode