Shrikes from Hivefleet Draconis - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-10, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

Default Shrikes from Hivefleet Draconis

Well, I noticed my growing Nid horde was rather thin in the Fast Attack choices (Only have a Harpy) so I took a look in ye olde Nid codex, and came upon the entry for shrikes. For some odd reason, the thought of assault troops with three wounds was rather amusing, and the possibilities of having a lashwhip and bonesword combo were just too hard to pass up...

So I head to ebay, and was fortunate to find a guy selling FW Warrior wings for a buck a pair (as long as you bought 6 pairs). I then needed bodies, and as I didn't like the legless warrior look that FW did, I decided to use Ravener bodies, which I picked up from Wayland Games at a VERY reasonable price.

So without further preamble, here are three of my six shrikes...

The lashwhips are from Venomthropes, while the boneswords are actually pieces I cut from the plastic tank traps that GW makes...

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-10, 03:42 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Nasty looking buggers. Only thing i am not sure of is the lowest set of scything talons. No idea what to replace them with but they don't quite look right. Maybe shortening them in some way would help.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-10, 04:33 AM

Otep's Flag is: USA

personally, i'd cover up the last ball joint for the scything talons

it already had enough going on with the model taking that last set of arms off wouldnt make it look like a giant ball of teeth, talons and wings (although that is the way tyranids are described )

really digging the models though!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-10, 07:15 AM

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

brilliant model, +rep for you!

only thing i would say is to maybe greenstuff the base of the sword so it seems more part of the hand, cuz at the moment it looks like hes holding the bonesword.

but good job tho :D

Ive started to update this project loge again, you should all check it out. it has some stupid things on it, and some fun things on it haha

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96746
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-10, 10:01 PM

Phenious's Flag is: USA

This is a pretty epic skrike. Lucky break on the dollar wings right! Those things usually cost as much as a warrior box, before shipping costs. I would also suggest using smaller scything talons. Are the small ones from the ravener bigger then those genestealer ones?

Do not fear the Hive Mind for it is good and we are all together. . .Or you will be! *Chomp*

2011-4/0/5
Hive Fleet Pyrausta- 2300 strong and growing.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-10, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenious View Post
This is a pretty epic skrike. Lucky break on the dollar wings right! Those things usually cost as much as a warrior box, before shipping costs. I would also suggest using smaller scything talons. Are the small ones from the ravener bigger then those genestealer ones?
The Ravener ones are a bit bigger, as well as looking like digging claws as opposed to slashing claws. Basically, the only smaller ones I could use are from Hormagaunts...

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode