Return from The Warp - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-25-10, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

omgitsduane's Flag is: Australia

Default Return from The Warp

I've been out of action for quite some time because of a lack of workable camera. And although I have a temporary replacement, its not the best but anyway here's what I've been up to.

The first off is my daemon prince, hes been in a WIP stage for what seems like forever and only now do I see how grossly oversized he is.

This fella here was supposed to be a present but now I guess it's going to a worthy cause.

A very rough idea for a Tervigon I am attempting too.

I took the carnifex apart I had and glued the chest back together at about a 45degree angle to give it more thickness and spread out the back a lot more.

The next 2 are buildings I've made from cardboard as mock-ups for a table I plan to get to work on sooner or later.

This is what I guess I could only describe as a Seed-plant. I want to have the big back room full of all kind of servitor arms and bits and pieces to dismantle marines or maybe a station where they go through some ritual blessings. (I'm not that big on fluff info so if anyone has a better idea, let me hear it!)

This one is a big temple that I was inspired from one of the opening chapters of 'The Dark Apostle' but their chapel was inside a cruiser, still. It was the inspiration none-the-less.

This was a great idea to begin with but kind of let me down after the painting (which is in no-way finished) and such so I may go still add some things and also sand it back to a more square shape in areas.

The first one was an idea I took from a piece of art in the 4th edition space marine codex. I don't know what it is exactly but I think it's still very cool. Unsure of a base or anything I could add.

The second is a bunch of simple markers I figured I would find uses for since I have so many spare bolters and that kind of junk.

The last is a piece I made for a friend of mine. I originally wanted it bigger but that never came to fruition, perhaps I may still increase the size but that would be down the track.

And my favourites:

These are the start of my traitor guard army. I have a few more models but there isn't much converting on them yet, I intend to go a long way with these in terms of modeling but I've been swamped with a bunch of other projects for either myself or friends.

And the piece de resistance(is that even the right phrase?)
My model for Colonel 'Iron Hands' Straken:

I went with adding as much as I could but I think he could still use a gas mask and pipes here and there, the shotgun I don't know exactly what to do as there is little room but I'm considering a sort of sling for him or making the plasma pistol and shotgun interchangeable. But haven't thought that far ahead :D

So hopefully this is the beginning of a very long road for me and I hope to be making more and more frequent trips with updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oodles View Post
Your brain is incredible, where my brain sees a tyre, yours sees a helicopter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-25-10, 05:35 AM

hippypancake's Flag is: Wales

All of that was amazing good sir have some rep I especially love the Trygon and Fex

The Undefeated 13th (SW) - W 3, L 0, D 2

The Swarm (Nids) - W 33, L 14, D 0

Da Waugh Squad (Orks) - W 5, L 9, D 2

The Gunline/Gundam Wing (Tau) - Under Construction
post #3 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-25-10, 07:29 AM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

Those traitor guard look awesome, but so does most of the other stuff. Hope you get it all finished one day

+rep

post #4 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-25-10, 09:02 AM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

Holy fuck, that Straken is SEX!
What did you use for the skull heads by the way? They're damn fine.

And for the Shotgun, first of all interesting, simple conversion, a little more work and it'd look pretty good, I'd probably remove or change the back bit, it looks pretty retarded when you've cut half the gun off, perhaps the stock of a Lasgun could be put there.
And yeah, a sling on his back would work fine.

I'd also probably put a big Chaos symbol on his chest, to distinguish him a little more.

Anyway, what the hell are those random pieces of card on the Lasguns? :S

Sweet work man!
post #5 of 398 (permalink) Old 10-01-10, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippypancake View Post
All of that was amazing good sir have some rep I especially love the Trygon and Fex
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Those traitor guard look awesome, but so does most of the other stuff. Hope you get it all finished one day

+rep
I hope I can get it all done too. I have so much on my plate all up and I don't wanna get too far behind myself but hopefully some updates for the guardsmen soon!

The tervigon has gained some weight but I'm not happy with where its ending up, I'm half considering taking the plates off and the gut stuff and re doing it all into a nicer shape.

My ork battlewagon and 1/2 so far, but have no clear ideas for the 2nd one at the moment.

And just some eggs for the tervigon or maybe objective markers.

Not a lot to show but at least its progress none-the-less.

Quote:
post #6 of 398 (permalink) Old 10-06-10, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

I redid the tervigon up to this stage

I thought it looked a little better and gave me more room to work plus I wouldnt use as much putty building up the armour plates if I cover them in scraps of plasticard first.

Another mock up for a building, I'm running low on cardboard unfortunately as I'd like to make a few more like this or maybe much bigger ones.

And these guys have had a tiny bit of work done, I gave random guys in the squads kneepads and elbowpads but the camera really doesn't pick up fine stuff that much. I put a bloodletter head on the chest but I think I might need to try it again and shave more of the head off. Perhaps straken needs a collar or something?

Quote:
post #7 of 398 (permalink) Old 10-07-10, 04:47 PM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

post #8 of 398 (permalink) Old 10-12-10, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

I can't wait to actually get to painting them either!

This was in my last post but I added some straws to it for a bit more of a 3d feel and I think it comes together a lot better now.

The rest are just random shaped building chunks that I've made for mock ups. I intend to get started on the proper attempts in a couple of weeks if I'm lucky.

that's it, nothing else to really say.

Quote:
post #9 of 398 (permalink) Old 10-12-10, 01:21 PM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

Looking nice!
I'd ditch the top-level bridge though, looks a little odd sitting there, and would make moving around that building just that little bit harder (one of the main things to consider when making ruins, the player's arms).
post #10 of 398 (permalink) Old 10-14-10, 05:26 PM

sethgabriel1990's Flag is: United Kingdom

really good looking traitor guard! im thinking of doing some nurgle-y ones myself, like the idea with the skulls you've had! and the bloodletters head on the dudes chest is nicely done

'All is dust!'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode