Baneblade to Land Raider? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-10, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

imperialdudes's Flag is: USA

Default Baneblade to Land Raider?

So ive always wanted to field a tank that is the "actual" size of what a Land Raider should be in regards to a marine. I was thinking of using a baneblade as my base and work my way up from there. I know the "land raider wouldnt look like an actual GW land raider but id try my hardest to get it as close as possible. My questions are 1) would people allow it? 2) How to make a front hatch? 3) which variant of land raider would be easiest do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-10, 03:05 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

I wouldn't have any issue with it. It is larger and easier to hit. The only thing I can see that would be a problem is the range of psychic powers and leadership effects for embarked units, as they are measured from the vehicle.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-10, 03:35 AM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaantitus View Post
I wouldn't have any issue with it. It is larger and easier to hit. The only thing I can see that would be a problem is the range of psychic powers and leadership effects for embarked units, as they are measured from the vehicle.
That would just be a trade off for you being able to shoot it or its limited movement on the table, (like on a board with tightly packed scenery and such.)

I would not have an issue playing against it because it really isn't going to be too overpowering due to size or the weapons or the armor value. On the contrary, it might only make it harder for you to field effectively due to its size. I would think it would be an equal trade off as far as that is concerned.

For modeling the front ramp, I would consider using two regular raider ramp parts trimmed to fit between the tracks and generous amounts of plasticard to fill in the blanks. If you want it to actually open and close, (like a normal raider model) that will require some more engineering on your part, but I see it as feasible. I like the idea, I hope you go forward with it.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-10, 02:12 PM

i wouldnt have an issue although it would suffer from "its big quick shoot it" tactic of most people even more so than the actual landraider

[SIGPIC]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode