Honsou - Storm of Iron - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-10, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

subtlejoe's Flag is: Great Britain

Default Honsou - Storm of Iron

Hi - I finally decided to make a chaos army.

So i chose to do Iron Warriors. but wanting to do some thing different i want to do a character from a book, I love the Idea of Honsou, commander of the Iron Warriors scouting company in the book "storm of Iron". However i have lost said book.

Can someone please find a description of Honsou for me and put it on here for me? i know he has got armour sections of an Iron fist on him and can't remember where.

So if someone would be so kind:
Helmet -
Left Shoulder -
Right Shoulder -
Chest -
Waist -
Right Leg -
Left Leg -
Weapons -

If someone could fill the blanks that would be great, i can fill any gaps with improv, but i need a basis to work on.

"The enemy is getting too close! Quick! Inflate the toad!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-10, 07:52 PM

Honsou description and picture found here.... quite nice looking character actually

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-16, 03:41 PM

I'm undertaking a similar army - planning to use CSM and BAC bits as well as leftovers from the Templar army I have.
Hounsou would look great with some chaos torso, normal SM legs, a chevroned shoulder and an IW shoulder, plus the obligatory catachan oversized arm!
The harder one for me is going to be M'Kar!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-16, 02:23 PM

Gorthol's Flag is: England

I like the idea of using a Catachan arm, my only concern would be that if normal power armour was used your Honsou may not 'stand out' from the remainder of yor marines? I like my characters to stand slightly taller for more emphasis but that's just me!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-16, 10:21 AM

Ive managed to finish my honsou (more or less - just got bits and bobs to add, but the basics are done).... heres what I used:

Helmet - bare head with bionic eye from the BaC MkIV sprew. I put a tiny bit of glue on his face and jabbed it with an Xacto to make it look scarred.
Left Arm - Chaos marauder arm. Tried with a catachan arm, but it looked shit to be honest, just all out of proportion.
Right Shoulder / Arm - Black templar power sword arm (with the chains) and cut the sword off.
Chest - Iron warriors old GW upgrade torso. Its chaos enough, but not TOO chaosy.
Waist - Legs from the BaC set, but added some spikes to it. The chaos standard legs just looked a bit naff.
Weapons - I kitted him out with BaC combi melta, and the DV chosen axe head with a length of 1.5mm rod for the handle. Also added a spike to the handle end as i couldnt think of a better way to finish it. I considered giving him a standard bolter, but decided that actually he would look better with a combi.

I need to add melta bombs to him and some grenades/pouches etc, but he's basically done. Will post pics when ive finished him up.

I am struggling with matching rules to the model though. He has no mark, but has got combat familiar. Think i might add a servo arm to the CSM backpack or something, but that doesnt quite tie up with the novels. Havent decided if i care enough yet; will be painting it separate anyway so will decide when i have finished painting. Ive found it difficult to match the fluff with the model rules. He's essentially a barebones CMS lord, but I'm running him with a unit of chosen to represent the newborn and grendel and the others who attended Calth during his latest jaunt.

Hope that helps.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-17, 07:29 PM

Gorthol's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Dextus View Post
Ive managed to finish my honsou (more or less - just got bits and bobs to add, but the basics are done).... heres what I used:

Helmet - bare head with bionic eye from the BaC MkIV sprew. I put a tiny bit of glue on his face and jabbed it with an Xacto to make it look scarred.
Left Arm - Chaos marauder arm. Tried with a catachan arm, but it looked shit to be honest, just all out of proportion.
Right Shoulder / Arm - Black templar power sword arm (with the chains) and cut the sword off.
Chest - Iron warriors old GW upgrade torso. Its chaos enough, but not TOO chaosy.
Waist - Legs from the BaC set, but added some spikes to it. The chaos standard legs just looked a bit naff.
Weapons - I kitted him out with BaC combi melta, and the DV chosen axe head with a length of 1.5mm rod for the handle. Also added a spike to the handle end as i couldnt think of a better way to finish it. I considered giving him a standard bolter, but decided that actually he would look better with a combi.

I need to add melta bombs to him and some grenades/pouches etc, but he's basically done. Will post pics when ive finished him up.

I am struggling with matching rules to the model though. He has no mark, but has got combat familiar. Think i might add a servo arm to the CSM backpack or something, but that doesnt quite tie up with the novels. Havent decided if i care enough yet; will be painting it separate anyway so will decide when i have finished painting. Ive found it difficult to match the fluff with the model rules. He's essentially a barebones CMS lord, but I'm running him with a unit of chosen to represent the newborn and grendel and the others who attended Calth during his latest jaunt.

Hope that helps.
Any update @Brother Dextus ? Looking forward to seeing your work on this!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-17, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorthol View Post
Any update @Brother Dextus ? Looking forward to seeing your work on this!
Hey Gorthol, check out my Project Log, I posted up some of my unpainted true scale minis including Honsou, Grendel and The Newborn ... link in footer below.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode