WarWolf88's SM and IG (lots of pictures) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-10, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

WarWolf88's Flag is: Finland

Default WarWolf88's SM and IG (lots of pictures)

Here's pictures of my custom Space Marine Chapter Templars of Steel and my Imperial Guard's Arktikan 88th/94th Combined Regiment's guys. There's mostly just pics of the Marines, as i haven't taken that many of my IG. I really should finish re-painting them....

Also, I apologize for the poor quality of some of the pictures, it's just that for some reason the Machine Spirit that lives in our camera does not like me....
-_-'

Templars of Steel colour scheme:

Templars of Steel Captain Tor:

Templars of Steel Sergeant with a power sword (Lego sword, as a matter of a fact. It's not just miniature bitz that you can raid....)

Templars of Steel Space Marine

Templars of Steel Dreadnought

Templars of Steel Chaplain with Terminator Armour

Templars of Steel Land Speeder

Templars of Steel Tactical Squad

Templars of Steel Terminator Squad

Templars of Steel Assault Terminator Squad

Templars of Steel Assault Terminator Sergeant

Templars of Steel Devestator Squad

Templars of Steel Scout Squad

Templars of Steel Land Raider 'Spiritus'

Templars of Steel Command Squad

A group pic of my IG and SM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-10, 06:14 PM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

To really make those marines stand out I would do two things...

1) base them with sand, dirt or whatever fits your style and taste. I would loose the aqua blue some of them are standing on, looks like Jesus marines walking on water.

2) Washes. Especially over the silver parts. It will add depth and contrast to your models. Other then those little things, nicely done.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-10, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
To really make those marines stand out I would do two things...

1) base them with sand, dirt or whatever fits your style and taste. I would loose the aqua blue some of them are standing on, looks like Jesus marines walking on water.

2) Washes. Especially over the silver parts. It will add depth and contrast to your models. Other then those little things, nicely done.
1) They will be getting a snow basing when I stop being such a lazy b...err...I mean when i have the time. Yeah.

As a matter of a fact, there were a couple of people over at MWG-forum who said that if I did not base these (especially the Chaplain) their computer monitors would join the fishes. True story.

2) Believe it or not, mosy of those models already HAVE been washed. It just so happens that the camera REALLY hates me, and eats the wash effect compleatly... -_-' Lucky me.

I still have about 30 or so Marines, two Rhinos, a Whirlwind and a Vindicator unpainted. i see after those if I finally would get the spark to base these guys (I really suck with bases...). Afraid we'll just have to wait and see...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-10, 10:40 PM

Lucien7's Flag is: England

good work mate, i like seeing chapters that resemble BTs, are they a successor chapter? or are they completely unrelated? if you have any fluff on them id like to hear it!
they look good but like Unforgiven302 said they could do with some highlights, it may be the camera playin up, i dont know. and the scout's faces could do with some washes and highlights. all in all they are good! i like your captain but the yellow doesnt do it for me but if you like it you keep it.
hope ive been slightly helpful, Lucien

"I dread to think what heinous crime an Ultramarine must commit to be banished to the eye of Terror. did you turn left instead of right on the parade ground? Forget to say your prayers in the morning?"-Lord Honsou

"The Black Templars, the final one finger salute to Roboute Guiliman."-Calamari
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-10, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Lucien. They are actually compleatly unrelated. The Fluff for them can be found here:

Templars of Steel backround

And as for the higlight, it a bit of the camera and a bit of my laziness. I'm not very good with highlights, so I tend to keep them to a minimum. Like I said before, almost all of the minis here have recieved a wash, but the camera eats it away quite efficently....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode