Tenth Diamond Company - Ork Hunters - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-25-10, 03:05 AM

c013's Flag is: USA

like it. two thumbs up.

I do agree with the wraithlord about the blood, never seems to come off as believable to me on any model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-25-10, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmire View Post
I really like teh camo on his pants. The blood may need to be dulled down a bit thought as it looks far to bright. Dont do power armour as urban though. do the same scheme on the power armor but as that digital pattern.
D
I'm always a little wary about doing digital camo patterns...i've attempted it a few times, its just i've never been able to get the pattern small enough. I covered the "blood" in a gloss varnish, to make it stand out a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wraithlord View Post
Over all the model looks cool but I am not a fan of the blood on the sword. Just to much in my opinion.
once its based, you will be able to tell the fresh kill is what i was going for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmantis View Post
this is a really cool job, i like the shoulder gaurds, the camo is really well done, i think that the sm head works really well, i think once you base it it will set the mini, maybe you could put an ork head on the base, just a thought fresh blood on the blade, head on the deck, any way just and idea +rep
shoulder guards took me a while to decide on. I simulated the "X" for tenth company in that banner style with the word "Iron" written into it.

You've hit the nail on the head with the base. Thats exactly what i wanted to do. maybe some fleks of blood on the ground around it, pooled slightly. perhaps some fleks on the gloves? and pant leg?

The Founding Fields

post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-25-10, 03:59 PM

RhYn0's Flag is: United Kingdom

Really good job on the camo Ploss looks great, again agree about the blood on the sword but will keep an eye on this to see him on the base as a good base always brings a mini to together +rep

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-25-10, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhYn0 View Post
Really good job on the camo Ploss looks great, again agree about the blood on the sword but will keep an eye on this to see him on the base as a good base always brings a mini to together +rep
thanks mate. and i appreciate the reppage.

CP

The Founding Fields

post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-25-10, 06:56 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Drill out the gun barrel!

Okay now that I got my pet peeve out of the way. I really like what you did with the camo. It will be interesting to see a marine done up. I think if the knife was black or dark grey the fresh blood migh work better. I figure this guy is a verteran so he should have the special ops black blade knives. I don't think you would want to many shinny things around orks when you are trying not to be noticed.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-26-10, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
Drill out the gun barrel!

Okay now that I got my pet peeve out of the way. I really like what you did with the camo. It will be interesting to see a marine done up. I think if the knife was black or dark grey the fresh blood migh work better. I figure this guy is a verteran so he should have the special ops black blade knives. I don't think you would want to many shinny things around orks when you are trying not to be noticed.
i don't have a drill for that size, otherwise i would.

Okay now that i got my pet peeve out of the way. thanks for the comment on the camo. it was something that i had wanted to do for a while. The blade, is more like a sword, combat blade, so its quite big...i wish it was a little smaller, that would look good in black. Although i'm thinking about adding a sheath to his back or belt, so if the blade is normally sheathed...perhaps silver isn't too bad?

CP

The Founding Fields

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-08-10, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

I'm going to be revisiting this camo scheme, so i'm just looking to get more opinions on the mini.

Thanks

CP

The Founding Fields

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-08-10, 04:09 PM
Searching for Vulkan

HorusReborn's Flag is: USA

not bad man, though I'm a little let down.. I was expecting to see a bunch of quido "Jersey Shore" kinda boys with diamonds in their ears, around their necks and on their fingers... airbrushed tans, flat brimmed hats on sideways.... not a nicely painted model!! I do agree with wraithlord, the blood is a little gimmickey...

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-08-10, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorusReborn View Post
not bad man, though I'm a little let down.. I was expecting to see a bunch of quido "Jersey Shore" kinda boys with diamonds in their ears, around their necks and on their fingers... airbrushed tans, flat brimmed hats on sideways.... not a nicely painted model!! I do agree with wraithlord, the blood is a little gimmickey...
lol sorry to let you down mate. Glad you like it though, positive comments mean a lot to me.

CP

The Founding Fields

post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-10-10, 01:35 AM

Therizza's Flag is: USA

That model is sick man. I love the face especially, as it ties in with the background you mentioned very well. Perhaps he lost his jaw in a brawl with a warboss or something? Any way you slice it, fighting orks for a hundred years will wear on the body! The only thing I think might be a little better was swapping black for the white outline on his shoulder cap(s). I mean, white on your shoulders may prove problematic when sneaking around the jungle crumpin' orks. Regardless, great job!

BTW-Are you doing a whole army with this scheme, or just a scout squad or what? I think that a squad of these guys with a land speeder similarly painted would really look badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putch. View Post
All I can say is holy meltafuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
a massive mess of incorrect information and patrotic [email protected]$%s wiggling.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...81#post1273781

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode