Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

TGenestealer cult - the great father approches

5K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  RhYn0 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all

Am new to the forum so please be gentle,

Here are some pics of my genestealer cult army, it uses the imperial guard codex

I used Skaven plague monks as the base figures

The first job to do was to make them a bit taller so this is how I went about that, not sure if this is the best way to go about it so if anyone has any suggestions on what might work better I'd appreciate the input.

I basically just cut off a part of the sprue and trimmed any parts of the feet that stick out from below the robes

Next I started to sculpt the robes now my green stuff skill is pretty much non existent as this is only the second time I've ever tried using the stuff, so C&C is welcome along with any help people can give me with this, here's what I have so far

Front

Back

I'm gonna file down some of the areas where it doesn't look to smooth.

Next I filled in the area where the original head went and made a new area to mount the new heads the heads I've used are Pig Iron's KOLONY FERAL HEADS

Front

Back

Side

And here's a few more of the little fellas

Again I know I have a fair bit of tidying up to do on these but for now I hope you enjoy them

See less See more
#7 ·
Here are some WIP shots for ya'll of my hybridsmore to come soon

Gotta finish the back on this guy to make it look more like the old skool stealers (see next pic)

Sorry about the blurry pictures

Any way C&C are more than welcome and any tips people can give me for improving my green stuff work would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for looking

RhYn0

#11 ·
Well, I belive some well deserved rep is in order here.

Great idea to start a g.cult army, the 'outlawed' look you made really captures attention.
Awsome, all the way.

P.S. Especially like the freaky seargent with twin pistols.

#13 ·
I am soooo impressed. To tackle a project like this without much prior gs experience id a big call. The thing is you have produced a damn fine force. These guys look fantastic. I am a big fan of aberrant or heavily customised forces. Fine work indeed.
Rep for the effort and the fine result.

#16 ·
Thanks for all the kind words guys it's very much appreciated

Are they loyalists? I would imagine not but I still see Imperial insignia
No their far from loyalist, I've left the loyalist insignia on on purpose. As a Genestealer cult they need to remain covert and undercover to some degree and take the system down from the inside

I have some new bit's and pieces hot of the press as they say, 1st up are my Brood Comrades, in game terms they count as Veterans to represent the higher level of training over the Brood Brothers, as mentioned they still bare there Imperial Insignia but they have covered their faces to remain anonymous within the cult

Sergent

Shotgun Vets

Not sure on this guy atm will probably get him painted and see how it comes out can always swap the head if it looks to poor

Melta Vets

On top of this motley crew I have made the cults interpretation of Guardsman Marbo

Last but not least I have entered the Heresy Online modeling competition with this fella, my dark commissar.

Voting kicks of on the 1st of April any votes will be much appreciated

Till next time

RhYn0

#15 ·
You might want to look at picking up some fine grit (1200+) wet/dry paper to sand down the joins where two areas of GS meet or where GW meets figure - at the moment the bumps and lines detract a bit from the overall finish.

Otherwise, it's always great to see more Genestealer cult's! Working on my own magus conversion at the moment.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Dante

#18 ·
I'm thinking I'll use the baby blue/grey colour for the genestealer hybrids, possibly with some kind of yellow stripe to break up the colour a bit. I am however at a bit of a loss with the Veterans atm, might have to find an imperial guard online army painter thingy, I'm tempted to try and do an urban camo as their technically a PDF force but think it may be a bit beyond my skills

#22 ·
Really I'm trying to avoid using the purple and blue colours of the old cult, I'm thinking I'll do something different ie I'm gonna use blue and purple but a much much paler version of the colours

I like this I would add a few normal guys with an extra arm
Nothing says Cult like a Three armed Scavy
Here's a few old pics I did of the painted squad before I painted them.

The plan will be to use these guys when I roll gunslingers and the ghoul style hybrids when I roll psychopaths or Knife Fighters,

#26 · (Edited)
Have taken note of this and started doing a few of the guys, unfortunately I don't have drills small enough to do the pig iron guns, and I doubt I will be able to do the vets shotguns for the same reason :no:

Anyway here's another update, got a game today so thought I'd give a Manticore a try, only problem is I needed to build it 1st

Here's what I've come up with,

The turret is made from the Aegis Defence Line and the rockets attach to parts from a chaos havoc launcher. I've had to use a bit of cardstock for the top until my plasticard turns up, also I need to get a new Chimera so it's not mounted on the chassis yet just sitting on top to show how it will look. The missiles are magnetized so they can be removed as they are fired

+Rep for anyone who can tell me what the rockets are made from, please note I still need to attach the stabilizing fins and again will do this when my plasticard turns up

#27 ·
nasal sprays arent they?

Loving the entire thing, ur cult is what i'd expect to find round my inbread town

#30 ·

\o/ congrats, have some +rep \o/

I'm gonna start hammering at the painting on this soon, played a few games last nite and all the modeling effort is for nothing as it just looks weak with an unpainted army on the table, for the record I was pretty impressed with how the manticore performed played 2 games vs ork's. 2nd game it took out an ork battle wagon in the 1st turn with a on target rocket and was pretty dam effective against the troops throughout the 2 games. All in all a very succesfull display by the cult winning both games by turn 4, if I'm honest though my dice rolling was a big part of the wins as I was rolling particularly well throughout and both my opponents quite the opposite

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.