TGenestealer cult - the great father approches - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-07-10, 07:50 PM

Otep's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sytus View Post
I like the idea of having the guard elements to the cult not be in sync with the cult itself's colour scheme.
isnt the genestealer cult supposed to be a incognito orginization that sneaks around causing chaos untill they lash out with the hive fleet?

if so, well done! if not, still great mini's :D i really dig genestealer cult armies :D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-08-10, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

RhYn0's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
GW has a good section on different camo schemes, CLICKY HERE to check it out.
Nice tutorial unforgiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sytus View Post
Very well done camo there. I like the idea of having the guard elements to the cult not be in sync with the cult itself's colour scheme.
This was my thoughts as well, their pretty much separate entities until such a time as the cult rises against the government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otep View Post
isnt the genestealer cult supposed to be a incognito orginization that sneaks around causing chaos untill they lash out with the hive fleet?
A Genestealer Cult could remain hidden until the hive fleet arrive or until it is large enough to overthrow the entire planetary government on it's own, giving the attacking tyranids free reign as they make planet fall, I see my cult as the latter maybe not completely in control of the planet but certainly very large and powerful, hence the Manticore and Colossus (Not built yet) being used in the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otep View Post
if so, well done! if not, still great mini's :D i really dig genestealer cult armies :D
Cheers dude

RhYn0

Poject - Genestealer Cult
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-08-10, 02:07 AM

c013's Flag is: USA

Thanks a lot everyone for the fluff help there.

Rhyno i really like the cloth masks that are on the IG, i think i would put these on regular IG just for some personality.

Anyway keep up the posts there coming along really well.

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-08-10, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Picked these up today 2 Russ's A basilisk (soon to be a colossus) and an old style Hellhound which will be the base for my manticore

Woot, here come the tanks

RhYn0

post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-12-10, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

So the 1st veteran squad is coming along nicely once the weapons are done I'll just have final highlights on the armour and the skin to do, problem is I'm rubbish at both of these things lol so I may get them a chimera painted up before I finish them

Here's some pics

RhYn0

post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-26-10, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

I've decided to give the ogryns another try after my fairly unsuccessful 1st attempt some months back

I've decided that rather than going for a robed look that I went for originally I'm going to go for a more "standard" rank and file ogryn look (just with a few extra arms)

As it stands all I've only been able to do is pose a few of the ogryns as I've run out of green stuff till I get paid but here is a few picture of the Bone 'ead pre green stuff

Since taking these pictures I've changed the design of the Ripper Guns and they now look like this, as always a cookie for anyone who can tell me what their made from

Now I'm unsure on which barrel to go for on these, I want them to all have the same barrel so they look uniformed. At the moment I think I'm going to go with the 1st one as it just seems to fit the rest of the gun better any comments/Suggestion will be greatly appreciated

RhYn0

post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-26-10, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

I've got a few more of these guys posed and ready for green stuffing just gotta wait till I get paid so I can order some up. The green stuffing is looking at being a pretty big job (probably to big for me) as I don't want to use the stupid belt buckles that come with the ogres, so I've gotta fill in the holes in their guts and recreate the belt trousers and part of the chest, eep still if I have to redo it a few times it'll be worth it in the long run

Anyway heres some more pics including a group shot of the gang

RhYn0

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode