Your army/armies (pics are encouraged!) - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 509 (permalink) Old 02-02-08, 11:12 PM

Pandawithissues...'s Flag is: England

I'm really enjoying the colour scheme on the tau infantry Wraith. Its a little unusual. Typically people paint the fatigues the neutral colour and the armour the bright colour.

Very interesting...

Death magnetic: 5 slabs of vinyl: Pure spinning ecstasy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 509 (permalink) Old 02-03-08, 03:28 AM
Siege's Flag is: Australia

Yeah Wraith those Tau look great, what kind of greens did you use on the battlesuits and piranhas? Are they GW paints or something else? Very inspiring.

Please help Keak reach his full potential.
post #23 of 509 (permalink) Old 02-03-08, 05:58 AM
Inquisitor

Bishop120's Flag is: USA

Man yall make me feel like such an amatuer... yall have some great armies / paint jobs.. Personally I just now got around to actually painting my armies.. I've been collecting for about 5 years now and have pretty much ignored the painting side of the hobby. I dont have any photos uploaded other than to the gallery here at HO so Im sorry for just having links to there pics.

Heres my Ultramarines Termies so far.. the rest of my army is still work in progress but I have most of the Tactical marines painted as well as my Company Champion and a few scouts. I have most of my Grey Knight Termies and a squad of regular Knights painted as well but I havent gotten around to uploading pics of them yet. Once all my stuff gets up here to Alaska from Louisiana I hope to start painting again and hopefully get my armies finished before to long. Any comments and criticism appreciated..

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His honour is duty itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."

- Roboute Guilliman
Primarch of the Ultramarines

post #24 of 509 (permalink) Old 02-03-08, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Hey, Bishop, that's not bad. You just shoudln't have stopped developing your painting skills. With whatever new army you are going to start with next, make sure to plan a colour scheme that is slightly more complex and challenging than your last one. I'm sure that you will quickly find yourself painting models so good looking that you'll be be totally amazed. Good luck!
post #25 of 509 (permalink) Old 02-03-08, 02:31 PM

inqusitor_me's Flag is: Scotland

man wiat a few weeks and ill have my 85 marines lol done only 75 more

post #26 of 509 (permalink) Old 02-03-08, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

85 marines? wow, that's a lot. Personally, I've never managed to paint anything over 20...
post #27 of 509 (permalink) Old 02-03-08, 08:00 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusMortemEst View Post
85 marines? wow, that's a lot. Personally, I've never managed to paint anything over 20...
Then you'd be a load of rubbish at guard, my army got over 100 guardsmen (at the last count, some may have got nicked at short course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
post #28 of 509 (permalink) Old 02-03-08, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisman 007 View Post
Then you'd be a load of rubbish at guard, my army got over 100 guardsmen (at the last count, some may have got nicked at short course)
That's a lot too, but they are in fact Imperial Guard, and that's a completely different matter. 75 massive iron nails weighs a lot more than 100 matchsticks, if you get the picture.
post #29 of 509 (permalink) Old 02-04-08, 04:22 AM

Damned Fist's Flag is: Canada

Default Paint or Die!

My son and I have entered a 1000pt. tournament at our local GW for this Saturday. When I made my list up I realized that I had a choice of playing a crummy list that is fully painted or making a competitive list with a number of models not yet completed. So, I opted for the competitive list and I am going to try like hell to get it painted by the weekend! Either way I will post a pic here by Friday to show you if I made it or not.
post #30 of 509 (permalink) Old 02-04-08, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Cool, do that. And good luck in the tournament for you and your laddie!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode