SM Sternguard Veteran Ork Hunter Squad (PIC HEAVY!) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-28-09, 08:25 PM

Ancient Tiel' a fier's Flag is: United Kingdom

we are all entitled to an opinion but it would be nice if they were backed up by reasoning and i know no one has said anything yet but for any that follow please dont start an open argument, debate by all means but have reasons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-28-09, 08:29 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Quote:
I think those minis look ridiculous.
That made me Lol so hard. And do you know what? its the first honest comment ive read on a project log/modelling thread for ages.

Im more of a realism fan, ill spend all day weathering things, washing and drybrushing for a realistic affect ( although holydogshit, ive seen some TOO REAL stuff before ) so im not a fan of the bold colours, but still nice execution of your ideas

and 800 POSTS!!!
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-28-09, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

lav25gunner's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobss View Post
Im more of a realism fan, ill spend all day weathering things, washing and drybrushing for a realistic affect ( although holydogshit, ive seen some TOO REAL stuff before ) so im not a fan of the bold colours, but still nice execution of your ideas
Thanks bobss. I agree that the squad is a little colorful, but that's cause I used Ork inspired colors and themes. Got some checkers and swirls, and some Evil Sunz red, some Bad Moonz yellow, some Death Skullz blue and even some Snakebites triangles and browns. If you go to my "Knights of Terra" thread you'll see that the rest of my army is not like that.

After my very first Tactical Squad, I decided I didn't want to have a carbon copy of every other unit out there. Sure, the colors are different, but everything else is the same. Sgt with pistol and chain sword, missile launcher and flamer and then 7 other Marines standing in the same pose holding the same rifle. Talk about boring! I decided to give each of my squads their own unique look and this one came more colorful than the rest. My next squad is gonna be a "Special Ops" squad. That one is gonna be the exact opposite of bright. Think "Rainbow 40K"

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-28-09, 10:46 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lav25gunner View Post
After my very first Tactical Squad, I decided I didn't want to have a carbon copy of every other unit out there. Sure, the colors are different, but everything else is the same. Sgt with pistol and chain sword, missile launcher and flamer and then 7 other Marines standing in the same pose holding the same rifle. Talk about boring! I decided to give each of my squads their own unique look and this one came more colorful than the rest.
Good for you mate, some nice conversions here backed up with some cool fluff. My favourite thing is wondering what the orks are thinking when they see your vets coming.

"Demz mental humies are back! Da one'z wiv all the dakka and the spiky bitz on dere 'eads!"

In the spirit of honesty i'll add my only gripe though - what's holding all those swords and axes on their backpacks?

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-28-09, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
Good for you mate, some nice conversions here backed up with some cool fluff. My favourite thing is wondering what the orks are thinking when they see your vets coming.

"Demz mental humies are back! Da one'z wiv all the dakka and the spiky bitz on dere 'eads!"

In the spirit of honesty i'll add my only gripe though - what's holding all those swords and axes on their backpacks?
umm... the Emperor's will?
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-28-09, 11:17 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lav25gunner View Post
umm... the Emperor's will?
heh good answer....of course you could always say they've inherited a bit of the WAAAGH!, and they stay attached because they believe they should.

'course, you'd have to start painting there helmets red then...

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-29-09, 12:18 AM

Zodd's Flag is: Denmark

For getting an idea and following it right to the end, not just doing what is "right".+rep.
And the weapons on the backs, they are magnetized

Have You Hugged Your Dread Today ?
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-29-09, 12:01 PM
Señor Member
Carna's Flag is: Australia

They look great, could go the whole nine yards and make them Crimson Fist
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-29-09, 01:35 PM

Inquisitor Varrius's Flag is: Canada

1st off, they're amazing, well done! I love the bright pastel colours and the black ork shields. Great idea, and it's pulled off terrifically.

My only question (besides the sticky weapons) is where are those shotguns from? I really want one now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
Camo is the color of cowardice but if the only ones to call you a coward are now a puddle of plasma there isnt a problem.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-29-09, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Varrius View Post
1st off, they're amazing, well done! I love the bright pastel colours and the black ork shields. Great idea, and it's pulled off terrifically.

My only question (besides the sticky weapons) is where are those shotguns from? I really want one now!
I wish I could help you with that one. I bought a ziplock bag full of random bits on ebay, and they just appeared there. I know the Sergeant's revolver belonged to an Ork Grotz, so I think it may have come from that or maybe from some Empire figure. Hell it could be out of print like that Space Marine out-streched arm with an open palm.

Can anyone help out?

Last edited by lav25gunner; 11-29-09 at 05:12 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode