Proof that I've had too much coffee... - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-09, 05:14 PM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

Looks like it's going to be very interesting when done. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-09, 06:46 PM
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looks a good start. I get this image of a little grot driving the thing, with the big Warboss screaming in his ear! Maybe the back could drive a propeller? A bit like a Wacky Races!

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-09, 09:08 PM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Holy awesomeness on a stick!!

(Too much Goroka coffee?)

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-09, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

enieffac's Flag is: USA

So this is the begining of my current theoretical design. That would be a reaper autocannon, a pair of heavy flamers slapped onto the sides of the boss's normal gun, some enhanced exhaust pipes, and some wheel armor.

Still to come... an ork boy standing on the front sideboard (the flat surface under the boss's left foot) holding that missile in one hand with the shield on that arm, and that mask on a stick in the other arm (the bits on the table). The ork boy will be attempting to hold the mask in front of the warboss's face (which I will need to raise some so he can see over the mounted gun). I will also be investigating the adding of a red floodlight mounted just below the front gun (batteries to go inside the warboss body, turned on/off via remote using those electromagnet coils somehow). I also need to add a hinge to allow the back half (everything behind the warboss) to flip down 90 degrees to give access to the charging port for the electronics. And obviously the wheels, front fork, and handlebars need some serious attention...

So.... thoughts on this plan? Going to work on other projects for a day or two to give time for feedback (don't even have an ork army or rulebook) before I start the rebuilding project. Lots of tips and criticism please

Coffee addicts of the world unite!!!
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/8256/jeffbanner.jpg
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-09, 10:02 PM

piemaster's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd like to see 1 pair of weapons mounted closer to the ground either side of the front wheel with the other where the autocannon is right now. I just think it would look cool (albeit a bit front heavy so maybe that's not the way forward - unless you just put some shootas somewhere else for good measure to even things up a bit)
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-09, 11:21 PM

Damned Fist's Flag is: Canada

My only suggestion at this point is to cut off the ski struts at the bottom of the bike. They look really out of place. Other that, it seems to be coming along well.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-09, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of putting some serious spikes in the vicinity of the front wheel. I'll swap around the weapons I have and test the front wheel option. Will take another look at the skid things as well. I want to keep enough of the helicopter intact so people will realize what it started as, and was thinking there arn't very many identifiable parts left at this point.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-09, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

It turns out that few things makes a dad smile more than watching his 3yr old son chasing a half built ork warboss around the living room. When this thing is done you can expect a video clip. I'll post pics when it has more than the basic frame assembled.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-09-09, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Finally decided to use the head the warboss comes with. But it was still boring. So now it has a light. I'm working on getting a camera that works... Oddly enough, the light looks pretty cool when de-energized because it is a clear glass bulb that extends slightly from the socket just like the original lens. And naturally no exposed wires. runs on a single watch battery.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode