Looting a Chaos Defiler? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-09, 08:51 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Personally, I'd take off some of those Chaos symbols...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-12-09, 12:08 AM

wombat_tree's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
Personally, I'd take off some of those Chaos symbols...
Don't forget that some orks do worship the chaos gods, most noteably the stormboys worshiping Khorne.

Praise the sun!
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-12-09, 12:09 AM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Its a good start but Iwould take off those chaos symbols on the legs. Everyone knows it is a defiler. It may be to late but I would have taken off the chaos cannon barrel and put bigger one on more orky.

I would still add some random plates and wires coming out of things to make it more ramshakle appearing. Because right now you take the two orks and the three glyphs off and it could still fit right into a chaos army.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-12-09, 12:46 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat_tree View Post
Don't forget that some orks do worship the chaos gods, most noteably the stormboys worshiping Khorne.
In my humble opinion, that's BS. Orks worship Gork and Mork. No-one and nothing else.

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-12-09, 03:02 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Yeah, I don't remember anything about Orks worshiping Chaos Gods in 40k. They've got their own gods and religion programmed into their DNA, that's why they *don't* follow chaos.

As for removing the chaos symbols...the only ones I see are the stars on the leg joints, and those should be fine

It's looking good so far though.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-12-09, 06:03 AM

Cleitus_the_Black's Flag is: Canada

It looks good to start, but I agree it doesn't scream "orks" yet.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-12-09, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

buckythefly's Flag is: USA

Well, the reason I left some of the chaos symbols on the thing was three-fold,

First orks are lazy (when their not killing people) and why would they scrape all of them off if they can delight in stomping on those they stole it from with it still covered in all their symbols and religious mumbo-jumbo. (Note the story from the Ork Codex concerning attempting to infiltrate IG guard positions using stolen tanks so they could drive around running over things, as a giant joke)

second, although some looted vehicles are, very much worse for wear, I kinda approached the project thinking this vehicle was rather "Freshly Looted" so it still retained some of the old actually functioning parts, I will add some orkish details here and there, but for the most part I am going to leave the lower body of the defiler well enough alone, although I might fashion some "replacement" armor pads for the rear legs.

and third, My buddy who sold it to me is an avid CSM player he gave me a good deal, but wasn't quite convinced I could do it so, I left a few of the chaos emblems on their to make mockery of his proper daemon propelled (and well modeled I might add) defiler so that when I play against him we can play clash of the titans...althogh my "Looted Armor" of 11, most likely won't stand up to dreadnought combat weapons. Ah well, such is a war bosses life.

PS, I've never heard of Orks worshiping chaos gods, that sounds kind of strange, The fluff surrounding The Orks writes them as completely immune to the ill effects of chaos (not of the head exploding variety, more just standard chaos god psudo-warp perils) because they were originally a weapon made to eliminate chaos. However, Orks worshipping Korne would be, a rather hilarious subversion, seeing as they can't well receive any of his gifts...

Edit: I was going to replace the central cannon with an old Ork "Lobba" but, The central cannon is a linch pin for the whole upper torso, so I left as is, I may consider "sawing it off" to make it stubbier and less functional looking.

I'm all for playing this game, but you don't have to be a dick about it.

~Someday I'll play 7th Edition ~
0 Win 0 Losses 0 Draws
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-12-09, 06:33 AM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckythefly View Post
I was going to replace the central cannon with an old Ork "Lobba" but, The central cannon is a linch pin for the whole upper torso, so I left as is, I may consider "sawing it off" to make it stubbier and less functional looking.
I would saw it down and slip some plastic tubes over it to make it look like a propper ork cannon since a looted wagon just looks really cool with a big old boom gun.

Now to the fluff part waaaay back in the ork codex: Freebooterz there are Khorne's stormboyz which did worship the chaos god Khorne (P. 14). They are considered outsiders and would not be found in any propper ork army. However, this is the only codex that this appears in after the freebooterz codex the orks only follow Gork and Mork and stormboyz are just crazy orks with rokkits strapped to their backs to get stuck in sooner than the foot sloogers.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-12-09, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

buckythefly's Flag is: USA

Again, Morfang swooping in with the win.

I'm all for playing this game, but you don't have to be a dick about it.

~Someday I'll play 7th Edition ~
0 Win 0 Losses 0 Draws
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-09, 12:09 AM

aardvark's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Looted Defiler

I'm thinking of something like the walker in the movie "Wild Wild West". That was pretty Orky: lots of wires controlling the legs, gubbins everywhere, a big engine room in the middle and an open command deck at the front. Who needs a Daemon when you've got steam!

Come to think of it, there were several good Ork ideas in that film .....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode