What I did with the other 10 AoBR terminators (WIP) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Crimzzen's Flag is: Canada

Default What I did with the other 10 AoBR terminators (WIP)

Well, since my MANZ were fairly well recieved, I decided to show off what I did with the other 9 AoBR terminators (One was lost to the warp).

As mentioned in the other post numerous times, I haaaate pewter. So, for my chaos, I was looking for an alternative to obliterators. Taaadaaa, I made 9 of them (for when I feel like cheesey cheese). This is my first time working with GS in any real depth, so comments are welcome!

I realized a lot of the weapons carried by these guys don't match up to what they actually have. That was a dilemma of mine as I didn't actually have enough weapons for all 9. So, I went with just a shittonne of weapons in order to represent the multitude of options these guys. Essentially, they have a weapon for every meeting and the plethora of weapons on these models should represent that. If that makes sense (IE the reaper autocannon isn't actual an autocannon but that coupled with the storm bolter could represent a twin linked flamer in terms of damage, etc etc) In any case, I think they are fair representatives for obliterators.

A bit of back story - These obliterators are freshly turned to chaos (relatively) from the marines. As it is known, obliterators are a mercenary cult, trading their skills for arcane knowledge and weaponry. My obliterators are starting fresh on their journey, exchanging their skills for weapons (even those of the enemy). Some have made dark pacts with the gods, sacrificed limbs in order to facilitate the growth of new weaponry, and even grafted machine to skin.

So, anyways, see below.

They are still very much a WIP as I have lots of sanding/drilling/mold lines/remolding to do/fixing the ones I don't like. I don't plan on painting them for awhile as I have plenty of other stuff to do!

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 08:00 AM

Kale Hellas's Flag is: Australia

with the 3rd model i think the guns just a tad to big other than that awesome models

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale Hellas View Post
with the 3rd model i think the guns just a tad to big other than that awesome models
That was a concern of mine initially, but then I thought...

"Too much??? Hmmm... For chaos? Nah - Gift from a god - A bigger gun and the strength to wield it."

I had to make the arm much bigger though, and I think it fits now. We'll hafta see once its painted though, you may be right!

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 08:58 AM

haha that's some huge ass guns! i like the ideas very much (even though I'll never fall to the chaos side of things) and you have executed them excellently. As Kale Hellas stated, i thought about that big gun too, and seems a bit out of place, but then again... why wouldn't he be able to wield it? ;)

as for the GS, I sculpt a little myself, and one simple advice is to smoothen out your surfaces with a modeling tool of some sort (or anything similar) to get a clean surface, remember to add some sort of lubricant to avoid stickyness... if you already knew all of this, then my bad

edit: then again, if they are obliterators, i guess they are supposed to be like that showing the tissue and stuff when metamorphing into other weapons? never mind me ;)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 11:51 AM

Kale Hellas's Flag is: Australia

im not saying that from a fluff point of view its not possible just that the guns almost as big as him

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Heh, Yeah.

I might use him differently for apoc. Make it a twin linked turbo laser or something like that :D

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 05:33 PM

I love that missle under the arm. Imagine firing that thing at the enemy. It's bordering on an Orky style there.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 05:47 PM
Eastern Potent

Lord Sven Kittyclaw's Flag is: Canada

Those Look Good man!! I like the look of them, my favourite is the one with the underslung missle, spectaculer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
I'll update from Prisoner Cell Block Nerd when they extradite me.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Imp View Post
I love that missle under the arm. Imagine firing that thing at the enemy. It's bordering on an Orky style there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sven Kittyclaw View Post
Those Look Good man!! I like the look of them, my favourite is the one with the underslung missle, spectaculer
Thanks!

Yeah, I sort of went a bit Orky with them simply because they seem even more chaotic that normal chaos marines (if that makes sense fluffwise). That being said, they will have a very clean paint style (when I get to it!)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode