Finally, an update!
First, Sorry I haven't posted more, but I've been dealing with deaths in the family and loss of job (plant shut down permanently).
This is my last year and 4 months worth of work. I have 1 week to finish the white model.
Originally this was going to be an "out of the box" build. Just a quick build of JSV's DIY Reaver Titan from BWC Archive...the only problem was my inability to leave well enough alone....it all started with building the feet and thinking "it would be cooler if I just added raised surface detail" then..."If I added hydraulics to the model...that would be really cool..." and so on. Well, needless to say, it became an exercise in creativity (and sometimes endurance - sanity went out the door long before the start of this project).
OK, so here's the deal: So often I see people posting about making this and other large kits out of plastic as opposed to trying to make it out of paper and cardboard. My thought was that if you wanted to take the time, it could all be done in paper. Also, not everyone on a group or forum may have access to the materials others have, but everyone can get their hands on paper and glue. Thirdly, I have seen this and other models done before where the model was (or looked) slammed together (now, in the builder's defense, if you are building it to the best of your abilities, then well done).
I am about 93% finished with the model and here's what I have wrought.
- Re-laid out the parts to fit on US letter
- Added raised surface edges
- Added hand punched grill (paper),false mechanics, "eye" optics, Hose attachments, rivets, and raised surface detail to the "Dragon" or "Eagle" head that comes with the kit
- scratch built a second "python" head with raised detail and hose attachments (this will be the one that goes on it in the end)
- Heavily modified both mini cannon and Plasma Blastgun (not finished, will be adding hoses and other details)
- Added rear radiator under carapace to match the metal miniature
- Magnetized all weapon mounts, head mount, and ankles
- Custom designed scrollwork, and raised surface logos
- lowered the head mount to match the metal miniature.
- added platform to set rocket launcher further back on carapace to more match the miniature