Building models is a form of relaxation to me. I'm not into watching organized sports on the telly which would indeed be an insurmountable chore.
Thank you for the kind words regarding how my 'hound would be received on the battle board.
It has been my intention to post further developments in the building of this project after receiving replies so here is the next installment of the building progress.
Since last I posted I've made some extensive changes to the way the head is mounted and to the head in general. We'll start with the overall model as it stands right now and it does stand wonder of wonders and seems to be stable in various stances so I must be doing something right or I made the feet too big. :D
---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------
first of all I bored a huge gaping hole in the front wall of the hull and routed it out as big as I could to accommodate the neck gimbal mechanism. I wanted to be able to move the head in all directions!!! Why you say? because the FW model can't says I, LOL
Then I found a discarded paint roller and used that as the sleeve for the neck gimbal
A 1.25 inch wooden drawer pull knob provided the orbit sphere and a 1.0 inch pvc 'Tee' fitting provided the housing for the gimbal joint. I carved down some 1.0 inch pvc tubing to make some races for the sphere to ride in and voila
a fully articulated head that can be adapted to a FW Warhound if you're willing to sacrifice the interior detail.
Believe me it took a lot of guts to cut that hole.
The neck mechanism top view.
and the component parts.
If anyone requires any information on how I constructed the various components they need only ask and I'll be happy to oblige.