Blackadder's Lucius Pattern Warhound Titan - Page 18 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-03-09, 09:31 PM

Damned Fist's Flag is: Canada

I've enjoyed watching this one! Add me to the list of those who can't wait to see this painted up. Fantastic work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-08-09, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Blackadder's Flag is: USA

I took a week off from building because I was becoming too complacent in my work. It's a telltale sign that I have been over saturated and tend to get sloppy but last night I got my groove back and put the finishing touches on the armour i.e. cut the grooves for the panel segments. I first shallow scored the plasticard with my utility knife and then made a few more passes to deepen the scores. The holding the knife at an angle I made furrows on either side of the scored lines and sanded the raised ridges smooth. Then with a razor saw I deepened and straightened the furrows and filed the surface smooth again.

The grooves look about done and the armour as you see it is just clipped in place for now.

EB
post #173 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-15-09, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

I've pretty much decided to go with the FW original paint job.

I've seen a lot of colour schemes and I like this one the best. As of right now I've only the void projectors, exhaust stacks, the cable conduit and connectors, the cockpit windows and head armour and a bit more detail on the armament and I'll be ready to paint. I'm hoping to get the void projectors and exhausts completed tomorrow.

Blackadder

post #174 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-15-09, 02:50 AM

Evil beaver2's Flag is: USA

Incredible!!
You should make a mould or something and make a few more, who wouldnt like an army of titans!
Cant wait to see it painted.
post #175 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-15-09, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil beaver2 View Post
Incredible!!
You should make a mould or something and make a few more, who wouldnt like an army of titans!
Cant wait to see it painted.
While the prospect is interesting I can't imagine the play value of a half dozen or so titans in a game. Who could compete with such an force? Has anyone moulded a FW titan which would probably be easier as the pieces are already cast.

My son (who actually plays the game) says he can't even use all the superheavy tanks we have in a game because no one else has a comparable army.

EB
post #176 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-30-09, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeun View Post
Hah, well said!
It seems so close to completion that I'll have to impose upon your generosity and ask for an occasional manic laugh.
The maniacal laugh is subliminal but implied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianavatar View Post
Amazing work. Your attention to detail and craftsman ship is amazing. Do you mind telling me what you do for a living, architect or engineer maybe?

Anyways keep up the great work. Oh and reppy to you, lots of reppy.
Frustrated artist definitely but my real job is technical troubleshooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pherion View Post
This is looking great! You've got a masterfull hand of the large model. I'd be baffled as to even how to start a project like this. Rep to you for taking on the challange and suceeding phenominaly! :-P
My technique is to break the model down into a lot of small models and not to be in a rush because when it's finished I'll just be starting another but different model.

Lucie has been free standing for a few days now. the rubber bands are to keep the right spur in place during re-gluing. I accidentally broke the spur off. It just happened that my ham fisted hands managed to break off one of the spurs when press fitting the greaves for the first time. The rear appendage is firmly glued and pinned this time so a repeat mishap is not likely.

The greaves are removable for ease of painting and maintenance and are just pinned in place with 0.060" plastic rods and sockets.

Blackadder

Lucie appears to have a hulking appearance of late. After all the concern that the legs looked too flimsy it turns out that they appear more massive than that of the original.

That's alright I like my females with a healthy set of gams.

EB

Last edited by Blackadder; 12-30-09 at 09:17 AM.
post #177 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-30-09, 07:33 AM

scubamansam's Flag is: England

wow very nice i was looking at all the detail but i don't see any mechanicum symbols still looks great though
post #178 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-30-09, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

I'm not going to overdo the insignia thing but I'll apply those that I see fit after the final basic painting. i plan to spray paint and airbrush for the most part and naturally the geegaws will be of different colours.

I do plan to add a lot more skulls and banners etc.

Blackadder
post #179 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-24-10, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Just got my computer back up and running today. I had a big problem with reloading windows and have been virtually off line for the better part of two weeks. Naturally the first thing I checked was my emails. Not very many replies from the various forum I usually frequent. I've done some major revamping of the the head and cockpit and finally made the windows and windshield. I installed the cockpit crew and made them so they are visible though the windows. Not technically accurate as looking at the cockpit layout the crew actually sits below the window sill! That doesn't make sense to me so I changed their position. Perhaps their seats elevate so they can look actually around. Anyway thats my story. My son is still looking for the airbrush. I asked him for it about a week ago so I don't hold out much hope that it's still available. Guess I'll bite the bullet and buy a new one.

Taking some pictures later but really not much to show for such a long hiatus.

Thanks for the interest,

EB
post #180 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-24-10, 09:46 PM

piemaster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hey Edmund. Glad to see you're back up online round these parts. Good to see you haven't come up against the modelling wall yet. Its remarkable you've kept going ont he same project for so long. I can't keep on track with the same stuff for longer than two weeks at best. Good on you mate for stickin' at it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode