Random Work - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-08-09, 09:43 AM

Infael's Flag is: United Kingdom

Dude! That model is simply amazing! Its (painted) surface light quality is deep and rich...I hate you!
(j/k, fair play to ya and +rep!)

Nurgle...grrrr...arrrgh...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 154 (permalink) Old 05-05-09, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
moo

moo's Flag is: United Kingdom

Some more random work ;) this was for a competition online on the WAMP forums, i actually won 3rd with this piece even tho i wasn't happy with the end result or the model. Nothing really clicked with this mini except the scenic base but that's removeable lol. Anyway have a lookie:

post #23 of 154 (permalink) Old 05-06-09, 03:43 AM

CirCa's Flag is: Canada

Just 3rd. Thats lame, that mini is quality. Nice job painting its really inspiring.

post #24 of 154 (permalink) Old 08-11-09, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
moo

Well like wraithlord on CofC i painted a mini for the exchange, but i kept mine a super secret project until now ;) heh. Was definately a fun mini exchange and im happy with my first rackham model

Then for a wamp competition i managed to cook something up in about 4 hours of painting, the model is so small it's a tough model to paint, but still i like it

post #25 of 154 (permalink) Old 08-11-09, 08:44 AM
For Da Boss

dirty-dog-'s Flag is: New Zealand

mate, you are AMAZING

i hate seeing your work, cause it makes mine look inadiquite, but im sure i will practice and get as good as you one day.

omgitsduane's # 1 Fan

Russian Winter Guard Thread

post #26 of 154 (permalink) Old 08-11-09, 08:59 AM

Great miniatures here as always moo. Not a clue what that last model is but it looks like a cool model and the paintjob is quality, it looks brilliantly dark and 'spooky'.

Regards,
Jake.
post #27 of 154 (permalink) Old 08-11-09, 09:13 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

A couple of nice models there moo.

I like the red on the rackham model, whatever it is. Do you have any more pics at different angels?

A very spook mini with the little girl. Reminds of a cross between Dr Who (Are you my mummy?), FEAR and the borg

Have some +rep

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #28 of 154 (permalink) Old 08-11-09, 01:50 PM
AM.

AM.'s Flag is: Spain

Nice minis moo.

How you did the grey tubes of the kid's back? I can't achiebe such smoothly greys.
post #29 of 154 (permalink) Old 08-11-09, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
moo

Thanks for the nice comments ,

@ Dirty Dog: it's just practice and patience, in general i will paint like 3-4 hours a night after work if im not working in the evening (2nd job :/) and been doing this routine for a while now and slowly getting better plus it's always good to get people's comments on work so you know where you can improve.

@red corsair: the model is from the fatal personality company which have a very small range but nicely sculpted figures, some raunchy models there too but this was my favourite one with a scary girl.

@Humakt: unfortunately i sent the model off already but i can ask the guy to take some better photos for me. FEAR was my motivation and inspiration on this one, loved that game. Headphones on + sound to the max + alone in a dark room + FEAR = recipe for a heart attack.

@AM: the tubules were quite easy actually they were just a black primer, with the foundation grey mixed with black and i worked my way up to fortress grey. Using thin layers of paint and by trying to keep the layers thin the paint generally has a higher water content so you can almost feather the layers together if you're quick enough. So it's a semi-wetblend/feathering technique using layers if that makes any sense :D it's generally how i paint most of my stuff altho i have been trying out more and more pure glazing, so time consuming but you can't deny the results :D

Last edited by moo; 08-11-09 at 02:15 PM.
post #30 of 154 (permalink) Old 08-11-09, 03:24 PM

axyl's Flag is: USA

Wow, everything is simply stunning and puts all my work to shame. You definitely have much talent there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode