Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Landraider Battlewagon

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  dirty-dog- 
#1 ·
This is the second battlewagon that I've made now. Enjoy!

It's not quite as orky as some of my other vehicles, but I find that space marine tanks are a lot more boring than imperial guard tanks to begin with. They're just too... boxy. Oh well, it'll work :victory:

Anyway, this one will pretty much be the polar opposite of my other battlewagon. While that one is bristling with guns and other weapons, this one has nothing more than a big shoota. But this one is also open topped, and I'm going to give it a red paint job (Blood Angels colour scheme). It pretty much only exists to get my slow mega armoured units into the enemy lines as quickly as possible.

Comments are appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
i'm liking your work.

i'm "orking" a leman russ as we speak. not been collecting orks very long and i don't think any two ork vehicles should look the same.

that's why i've been using 1/35 scale second world war airfix kits for mine.

i'm trying to put together a 4000 point apocalypse speed freak ork army at the moment. a lot of scratch building and converting but it'll be fun.

anyway, i wanna see some more of your stuff. got any?

#3 ·
Thanks!

Well, I have lots of Modeling and Painting threads about my tanks and other noteworthy creations (or most of them, anyway), you can just search my username and you'll find them. There's also my Work In Progress thread (the link is in my sig), with pretty much all of my stuff in it. My Modeling and Painting threads tend to take a bit more of an in-depth look at whatever it is they're about though.

#4 ·
Good stuff so far, but it needs more orktifying!

That assault ramp is waaaay too much like an iron gob to pass up putting some tusks on it. Stick some crude battlements along the top of the sides, and some ladders leading up out of the open back end so those that are too impatient to wait for the ramp can climb up top and jump off if they want.

The more ways out of a wagon the better

#5 ·
Galahad has spoken! obey his will and we shall all be spared his smiting!!! :) just kidding

yeah it dosnt really scream "ORKS MADE DIS BEDDA!!!" but if you go with something along the lines of what Galahad said, it will scream orky in like 20 different languages :) expecially if you make it out of wood (basalt or sandle wood comes to mind) with a tad bit of twine wrapped around it for "support"

my opinion, slap on a bunch of crude stuff that looks out of place along with ork glyphs and you'll be golden :D

#6 ·
Balsa wood is a handy thing, but my blades always get stuck in it LOL.

#8 ·
Thanks for the advice! I went rooting through my ork bits, and found a few small things that could improve it somewhat. However, there are some larger ork pieces that I'm waiting for from eBay. I figure a couple giant smokestacks and some pointless railings might orken it up a bit.

I wouldn't mind making a deff rolla for this actually. Any advice on how I'd do it?

#11 ·
Doing a deff rolla on something with a front ramp is a bit of a challenge. You could put one easily between the tracks but you wouldn't really be able to use the ramp (and you'd obscure any iron gob like details you add to it)

You may want to try something a little more audacious. How about a pair of short arms on the front equipped with giant chainsaws or circular saw blades? They would have a low profile so they won't obscure any orkly details you want to put on the front, and if you're smart about it you could actually make them a little poseable so you can move them out of the way for deployment

#12 ·
hmmmmm, the arms do sound very smart, well in an orky way, i could just imagine the convosation:

Bigmek: whe needs somfing dat dus damage lyk da deff rolla but dusnt make da enemy miss our uge iron gob.

mekboy: well why not get two killa kans and attach them to it?

Bigmek: why put a few killa kans on it when i can make a big choopy fingy on the front?

mekboy: but den da boys cant get out of it to fight,

bigmek: well then well put to deff dread arms to the side then, but make them more choppy and more bigga with ripping blades on it.

#13 ·
Ya, I was thinking of using the big defiler claws as a deff-rolla counts-as. It might be a bit much, but they're plastic and I can find them fairly easily on eBay (where I get all my bitz). Or maybe not... it depends on how it looks with all the new stuff I have to add to it.

Anyway, I got all the chimneys and stuff I've been waiting for today, so there should be completed pictures soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.