Newby question on building - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-09, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Troajn's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Newby question on building

Hi all,

I have a 14 year old boy who is into World Of Warcraft (my fault I started it), anyway in an attempt to get him off of computers and in something more sociable I am trying to get involved and thus trying to get him involved him into Warhammer 40k. I have been out and bought the rulebooks, have the Black Reach Assault set on its way and a few other bits. That said I am really interested in the painting side as well, so I bought a pack of Ork Boyz to really just build and practise on, now comes the question.

When setting out to build them I noticed in the pack of 10 I had 12 bases 13 torsos and 11 legs and a set of instructions that didnít match most of what I had. I understand I can decide whether they are shooters or sluggers so the weapons are interchangeable, but what I had a problem with was that because the instructions body parts didnít match the body parts I had, I ended up sticking any torso to any legs, does this matter or are they not specific to any set and the instructions just a guideline?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-09, 03:44 PM

JokerGod's Flag is: Italy

The ork instructions are the same for a lot of different boxes, so most of it you can just ignore. Also, the boys have no specific body-Legs set up, you just put what ever ones you want together and enjoy. Thats the good part to orks, there is no "Special way" to put them together.

Also, this is the Warhammer Fantasy section, the 40K one is the next group up :p

Eyes with out life.
Maggot ridden corpses.
Mountains of skulls.
These are some of my favorite things.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-09, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply JG, soz about posting in the wrong section

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-09, 12:47 PM
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

Moved to Modelling and Painting - squeek

You should get plenty of help here since it is a question on modelling. Please remember, if posts are in the wrong area then reporting them is the most efficient way to get the post moved to the appropriate place.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-09, 01:58 PM

Yeah JokerGod is right, theres no "Special way" to do them. i think the extra legs and torsos are there so you can customize your unit to however you like it. Most squad boxs come with extra parts and the instructions are more of a rough guide really.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-09, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, I take it then that same goes for the weapons, as long as you tick a right arm where a right arm should go it doesn't have to hold a specific weapon.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-09, 04:11 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

You will find with many of the ork sets there will be extra bits and things in there often refered to as gubbins. THe extra torso was probably for the special weapons boy either the rokkit launcher or the big shoota boy. The other have pretty much steered you in the right direction that as long as you get a right arm into the right socket it works. If you do shoota boys do a quick test fit to make sure that both arms line up and the head isn't in the way. The orks have large chins which means posing can be difficult with shootas.

Hope that helps and I look forward to seeing pics of your boyz painted up as well as good luck in getting the grot into the game.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-09, 12:11 AM
Painting Munky style!

Munky's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
Y The orks have large chins which means posing can be difficult with shootas.
I wondered why they were such lousy shots you have answered me perfectly - well done sir.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode