Cadian standard - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

pchandler43's Flag is: USA

Default Cadian standard

Hey is there anyway to remove the design on the standard bearers flag?

"From the darkness we strike: fast and lethal, and by the time our foes can react... darkness there and nothing more."
Raven Guard saying

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 03:38 PM

Underground Heretic's Flag is: USA

I would assume that you could either file it off or fill it in with green or grey stuff.

That which doesn't kill me has made a tactical mistake.

Rites of Battle Your source for 40k opinions, news, and hobby updates.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 04:08 PM
Ste

Ste's Flag is: United Kingdom

i was annoyed with it but jsut painted it up but i might file the design off myself =] just get a light file

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 04:09 PM

Some of us talked about this recently on another thread; I'm presuming you want rid of it because your army isn't Cadian?

Don't know how the US Army does this, but the British Army traditionally puts pictures on regimental badges relating to battle honours rather than the place the regiment is raised. So if a 'Cadian' regiment was British, it might well have a Cadian Gate on its flag because it gained its first honours at the Cadian Gate, not because it was raised on Cadia.

So what I'm saying is, a regiment might have the Cadian Gate on its flag even if it isn't Cadian.

Which doesn't really answer your question, sorry, and is little use if you want it gone because it's ugly. So I'll say "a Dremmel should do the trick I would think".

:sometimes overhelpful cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 04:19 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Orc View Post
Don't know how the US Army does this, but the British Army traditionally puts pictures on regimental badges relating to battle honours rather than the place the regiment is raised. So if a 'Cadian' regiment was British, it might well have a Cadian Gate on its flag because it gained its first honours at the Cadian Gate, not because it was raised on Cadia.

So what I'm saying is, a regiment might have the Cadian Gate on its flag even if it isn't Cadian.
'Tis a good point.

Careful with the dremel, though. While that's undeniably the best way to get detail off of a pewter model in a flash, it's also a great way to completely ruin the model as well. Low speed, careful strokes is the order of the day with the dremel. *Hides an old Blood Angels Veteran Sergeant missing most of his chest from a dremel accident...*

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 04:46 PM

Steel Rain's Flag is: USA

*hides a ruined leman russ with dremel strokes all through the sponsons and turret*

Quote:
*sigh* I have to point out that despite what you see in games, lasrifles win wars. Just because lasrifles suck at killing superhuman killing machines in power armor does not mean that they are bad weapons. You are shooting them at the wrong targets. The most common enemy the Imperium faces is lightly armored humans armed with lasguns or autoguns, NOT SPACE MARINES.
-me
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 04:51 PM

Lord of Rebirth's Flag is: Canada

My experience trying to null details on what I call "complex basic shape surfaces" (Like rippling banners or leman russ sides where you want to keep most of the detail/the edge details.) Has been that a dremel means you gotta take it very very slow and be very very careful then still be prepared to GS any mistakes or you can be a little rougher with it then GS the surface back to "flat" (This may just mean following the contours of a rippling banner.) but this leads to problems like can you really get the GS flat enough for your liking.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 04:56 PM

magician847's Flag is: United Kingdom

personally, id just put a flat bit of GS on one side (working one side at a time) and then flatten it with some card, then use a long bladed hobby knife to remove everything you dont need (GS wise - running it along the edges will keep it parralel to the other side, get it? :D) and then rinse and repeat with the other side!

its what Im gonna do if i ever get round to my own IG army (bogged in commissions, and up to my knees in an army of grey marines

M

Apostles Of Vengeance Truescale Space Marines:
Sergeant Sigorn: 99%
Tactical Squad Themis: 10%

Follow them here

Void Miniatures Commissions Service
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

pchandler43's Flag is: USA

buddy of mine said he's got some reeaallly fine sand paper and files for just this type of stuff, think i may give that a go, especially since i dont have access, nor the patience to wait a month to get some green stuff

"From the darkness we strike: fast and lethal, and by the time our foes can react... darkness there and nothing more."
Raven Guard saying

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 08:12 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

cut the whole thing off and replace it by pinning an Empire flag onto the pole, there yah go design gone

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode