scratchbuilt warhound titan - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Default scratchbuilt warhound titan

this is my warhound titan approx. 75 % done
pictured with the plasma blastgun and inferno gun
i actually am in the process of make the Vulcan mega bolter and 2 turbo laser destructors, i tried to put a chaplain in all pictures for scale

the arms are completely poseable and the torso can pivot on the legs

these are the pictures after i reset the legs, and whilst i was thinking about the physics of it, realised the hips were WAY to wide pictured with my techmarine for scale

i think it looks much better now and have begun detailing it
any comments, questions and suggestions are much appreciated

i actually have a plan to make two of these and a warlord
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 07:07 AM

This is one of the better scratch-built warhound models i have seen. Really good job
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 09:19 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

I do like the fact that the legs are poseable. I do hope your going to put some pictures of this painted on here as this is a very very nice model.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

yes, im basically going to update it on here until it is 100% complete including paint
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 09:56 AM
Ste

Ste's Flag is: United Kingdom

good job its a good scratch built :D +rep man and i cant wait to see it painted
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 10:09 AM

enieffac's Flag is: USA

That's pretty amazing.
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 10:16 AM
For Da Boss

dirty-dog-'s Flag is: New Zealand

very clean building skills there. is this using the templates going around? i used templates that someone gave me and i was supprised just how small the thing was..... mine didnt turn out the best and i will definitly make another one. + rep for you mate.

with the 2 and the warlord, you should put a leash on both warhounds leading up to a hand on the warlord lol.

omgitsduane's # 1 Fan

Russian Winter Guard Thread

post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty-dog- View Post
with the 2 and the warlord, you should put a leash on both warhounds leading up to a hand on the warlord lol.
lol, good plan, i actually spliced together 2 sets of templates i found, the best of each
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 02:58 PM

lav25gunner's Flag is: USA

Looks very nice. How long have you been working on it? When you build the other ones you should take step by step pics and make a tut. Where did you find the templates? You should post the links.
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 06:11 PM

Lord of Rebirth's Flag is: Canada

Looking great so far but as always I have a few suggestions.

First the shin plates seem a little weedy. They may be just what you want and/or scaled to the FW model and really it's your unit so you can do what you want but I honestly think they should be a fair bit larger. They mainly look like they end to soon before the toes and as much as it might seem odd to present a bigger target with the sort of ceramite blend laminate titan armour uses larger plates dissipate energy far better and they cut down on the resonation of hits so larger shin plates would make the legs tougher in prolonged combat and better for kicking tanks like soccer balls.

The "pelvis" narrowing is great. Full compliments on this of course cause you turned a glaring visual annoyance into a purposeful mechanical beauty. I would still like to see the big actuation pistons on it that at least suggest a sort of "hip" flexibility which is something that is soooo important to balance robots that can't flex in their hips effectively never have a chance to actually walk.

The rest of it looks pretty good. I'd like to see how you are making the weapons switchable since you mentioned doing other weapons to a total of 5 so I doubt you are building 2.5 warhounds. I'm planning ahead of time to make my weapons "modular" for when I get two Mars Patterns for my Iron Warriors since at FW's price I wanna have as much bang for my buck as possible and also I'm working on designing a Warlord on the idea of it being a very modular kit with a base chassis then armour and icon detailing separate and weapons completely modular to the point you can build one Warlord and then kit it out exactly as you want then add any of the weapon types to your arsenal so it can fulfill any Warlord config role. I have a number of ideas if you are still thinking how to do it on your warhound or if you just wanna talk modular systems.

Also nice rally car pics in the background. : 3

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode