Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

A purple sisters of battle army advice

4K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Old Man78 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I am looking for some advice. I am looking to start a sisters of battle army and I am looking to go with a purple armour scheme. I have always been a terrible painter so since I am starting a new army I thought I would do it right this time.

I am looking dor advice on how to paint this colour scheme ( see attached picture). The first image is my favourite. I want to try and keep to Games Workshop paints unless your sure that another company will do a better shop as Games Workshop is my local store and they're not impressed when you bring in other company stock.

My main problem that I can see is the Purple armour, as I have heard that it is hard to paint. What paints would I need for this type of finish?

By the way I am also completely open to changing the colour scheme around as long as purple stays the primary colour.
Thanks for any advice given.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I paint my space marines a dark purple with white trim, so I quite like the bottom picture. I'm not a very good painter, that being said, I base coat my minis in a light grey, then fold you I would suggest genstealer purple or kataphron purple depending on how dark you want the armour, emperors children, for the robes and pinkier armour plates. Use a darker purple thinned to a wash such as xerxes purple or the Army Painter brand purple tone wash, and fulgrim pink and dachala purple for high lights. As I said I'm not much of a painter but hopefully this puts you in the right direction

#5 ·
I quite like that scheme you have there however I think i might go with a slightly brighter purple for the armour although I am worried that it might start looking too like the cloaks if I do.

#6 ·
Try the brighter purple and use the white or cream/bone on the cloaks, would look good also the gw pinks I mentioned are quite far away from the purples, just check out the G.W website, look in the "layer" paint section, has examples of all the paints, and good look with painting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.