Army Painting Competition interest check. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

5Likes
  • 2 Post By Old Man78
  • 1 Post By Khorne's Fist
  • 1 Post By Shandathe
  • 1 Post By KjellThorngaard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-18, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Default Army Painting Competition interest check.

Friends, nerds, heretics, lend me your ears! The forum competitions, have been offline for a while, and after the Christmas present giving, I have been gifted some nice new plastic crack and need an excuse to motivate myself to paint it. So I was wondering if anyone would fancy resurrecting the Army Painting Competition and take part in it? The prize will be the usual, the kudos of your fellows, completed miniatures and PRIDE!

If anyone is interested just give a yay or nay on this thread, it is a bit of crack and a good motivational boost. There will be a few minor tweaks to the rules of the previous competition nothing unusual, just making it easier to get involved. The competition (numbers depending) will run from February-November 2019, so plenty of time to prep some minis and think it over. Thanks in advance Old Man xoxox
Khorne's Fist and mrknify like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-18, 04:45 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-19, 12:25 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

It's going to be a pain given my expected free time, but I'm up for it.
Old Man78 likes this.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-19, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Closet Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandathe View Post
It's going to be a pain given my expected free time, but I'm up for it.
Good stuff, the first entry won't be till February so a bit of time to get ahead of yourself and prep and base coat a few minis, plus there won't be as many entries to complete to qualify. 3 Heretics so far, hopefully more brave/desperate souls hop on board

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-19, 04:19 AM

KjellThorngaard's Flag is: USA

Location: In the basement, surrounded by Woodland Scenics packages.

I'm in. I used thev2012-2103 comp as motivation to push myself to a solo challenge in 2018. I need a challenge cuz I'm a lazy git.
Old Man78 likes this.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-19, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Closet Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KjellThorngaard View Post
I'm in. I used thev2012-2103 comp as motivation to push myself to a solo challenge in 2018. I need a challenge cuz I'm a lazy git.
Never say you are lazy, try the term "energy efficient"

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-19, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Closet Dictator

Just a bump to see if anyone else is interested in a little motivational competition to paint some minis. If you are throw a yay up here, and prep some minis (assembled and single colour base coated is acceptable) and prepare for the greatest prize........PRIDE! And bragging rights! Rules will be posted before the end of the month, so get the Christmas swag ready, dust off the sprue pile, look your partner right in the eye and proudly tell them "I told you I'd get around to painting them" and see the fear ripple across their face when they realise once it's painted you'll buy more, More, MORE!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-19, 01:33 AM

Intend to go Necrons for the challenge, between 2 Necron halves of Forgebane and the Battleforce I've certainly got enough of them to paint. I've managed to build all of 11 models so far. One Cryptek, five Immortals and five Deathmarks. I'll leave figuring out how many I still NEED to built as an exercise for the reader

Given that I put a good number of hours into a painting challenge and playing, I'm okay with this admittedly slow progress

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-19, 10:02 PM

I think I'm in? I've just ordered my first box of minis which should be arriving by the end of the week so yeah I guess I'll know for sure once I see the rules but as someone who's just started collecting seems like it would be mad not to.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-19, 11:18 PM

The name is pretty self-explanatory, really. Paint an army as the challenge runs One unit each month, photo of unpainted at the start and then painted up at the end. Previous editions were a year long, usually with 2 Real Life cards you can use in case of... well, Real Life interfering. Thus, at the end of a completed challenge you'd have 10-12 units... a respectable army for most factions. @Old Man78 will probably tweak the rules a bit given that he's only planning on 10 months, we'll see.

Note you don't have to paint a unit the way you plan to use it, dividing up 20 Warriors into 2 minimum size units would be fine for example.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode