Converted Thousand Sons Helbrute - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Azwaz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-18, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

Azwaz's Flag is: Wales

Default Converted Thousand Sons Helbrute

Hi guys, just got one of my favourite models up on our blog, its my Thousand Sons Helbrute, I hope you guys like it. If you want to know more about it or see more pics, please check out the blog or even follow us on twitter. We love getting feedback.

www.Krakendoomcool.wordpress.com

@krak endoomcool
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _MG_0022.JPG (104.9 KB, 28 views)
Brother Dextus likes this.

I am also a contributor to this blog where I upload a lot of my other projects under the name Pandorasbitzbox

http://www.krakendoomcool.wordpress.com
@Krakendoomcool on twitter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-18, 01:49 AM

LOVE THE TONGUE more things need tongues.

How did you do the spittle off of it? And is the tongue just green stuff. Otherwise it's a great piece

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-08-18, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

Azwaz's Flag is: Wales

To make the tongue I used a paperclip and bent it into the right shape then used green stuff to twist thins worms around the paperclip to give my sculpting something to hold onto. I sculpted the basic shape of the tongue including the groove down the middle of it. I cut little notches in it where the pipes would be visible and stuck bits of guitar wire to the tongue so that the tips of the wire went into the notches and greenstuffed over the top. the tongue still looked quite plain so in addition to the obvious eye looking out of it, I put tine blobs of greenstuff on and smoothed them out to make little zit style spots on it. Then I varnished the whole thing. The drool is gluegun glue, then I varnished over that and the tongue once more to make sure that they had the same kind of sheen to them.

Hope that was helpful, now you can put tongues coming out of everthing! its the first one I've done so I was really pleased with it. you should check out our blog just in case some other cool stuff comes up you like, theres always more detail there, and soon I hope to be making some progress with my possessed marines, and theres some crazy stuff going on with them. ^.^

www.krakendoomcool.wordpress.com

I am also a contributor to this blog where I upload a lot of my other projects under the name Pandorasbitzbox

http://www.krakendoomcool.wordpress.com
@Krakendoomcool on twitter

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode