Camoflaged Lictor and Spawning Tervigon - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Azwaz
  • 2 Post By Azwaz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-18, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

Azwaz's Flag is: Wales

Default Camoflaged Lictor and Spawning Tervigon

Hi everyone. Ive decided to show off a couple of Tyranid conversions i did to see how much interest there is. Hopefully my efforts can inspire some other people to make some cool and unique models. Also id greatly appreciate any feedback and advice, learn about what similare ideas other people tried ans where i could improve or make my life easier. The first is a lictor camoflaged in junk and the second is a Tervigone spawning from the back rather tham the front. I hope you like them.

Ive covered both of these more extensively on www.krakendoomcool.wordpress.com

Im pretty sure i did a bit on the lictor while back on this site but indecided to mention it again only because its also on the blog with the Tervigon. Hopefully i will have some other stuff up soon for my Tyranids. If your interested theres also some other cool stuff up like my friends "All 12 Wolflords" project, a chaos spawn and daemon prince so far.

Ill post up here when ever ive written another article, let us know if you like any of the stuff and we will try to get more up for you. Thanks everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_20180321_184054-1451995704_1522339004654.jpg (161.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg img_20180321_183729912338488_1522339022569.jpg (65.8 KB, 11 views)
Old Man78 likes this.

I am also a contributor to this blog where I upload a lot of my other projects under the name Pandorasbitzbox

http://www.krakendoomcool.wordpress.com
@Krakendoomcool on twitter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-18, 04:15 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

The camouflaged lictor is very nice, can't make out the spawning creature too well in the picture. My only criticism would be the colour scheme on the spawning xeno, the bright green to me looks out of place with browns, other than that have a bit of rep

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-18, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

I appreciate the feedback. Yeah... My Tyranid colouscheme is a bit intense. I like to think of it kind of like a treefrog, really bright and dangerous. I see what your saying though... Ive never been super happy with the colour if the belly sack but not sure what to do. I dodnt want to make it all varnished and shiny looking as if it ws slimey, as i want it to be more leathery. Maybe i will get back to it and dial back the brightness though, expand the dark green in the crevises cheers.

Oh and its pretty hard to see that spawmed one on purpose as its one of those preveious generation termagaunts, on the other side though theres one standing up that isnt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_20180321_1838461484252854_1522342748084.jpg (121.2 KB, 9 views)
Old Man78 and Brother Dextus like this.

I am also a contributor to this blog where I upload a lot of my other projects under the name Pandorasbitzbox

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-18, 05:29 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

From that angle yeah it looks really good

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-18, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

Thanks, I hope to get some more of my projects up soon and Id love to hear what you think about those too. A few finished but haven't gotten around to posting and others in the works. I have one unfinished one I'm dying to find the time to complete, I want to post pictures up now but its a surprise for my friend to go up against and I don't want to spoil it. the model is largely unchanged but its all about the details on that one. its definitely worth checking out that blog if you liked this stuff because I write a bit more about them there and there are a few other guys posting stuff which is awesome. Hopefully hear back from you on those other projects in the future!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in