Mezoa on the March - An Adeptus Mechanicus Plog - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

7Likes
  • 2 Post By millest
  • 1 Post By Old Man78
  • 2 Post By millest
  • 1 Post By Battman
  • 1 Post By Brother Dextus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-17, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Default Mezoa on the March - An Adeptus Mechanicus Plog

So after a bit of a hobby break due to real life I'm back.

I have finally decided my Adeptus Mechanicus force is going to be based on the Forgeworld Mezoa.

There a few reasons for this, firstly they have been around since the Heresy so it gives me a vast timeline to play with. There aren't pictures of their scheme anywhere so I can pick one with no issues, and as a Forgeworld they are not often used so it would be something different, especially once decaled up and looking the part.

Additionally their background suggests large numbers of Taghmata so it means I can use my FW toys in both 40K and 30k games.

Finally they have a good number of known allies, including and not limited to at least two knight households, a number of scions regiments and in the heresy several groups of Blackshields.

As you may remember the last we saw of the forces of Mezoa was this:

in that picture most stuff is about 80% done but needed a fair bit of work. for the month or two of quiet but life has been busy, however the forges have not been silent.

Since our trip to Nottingham there has been furious activity and thought it was time to share some of the WIPs with you guys.

First up my infiltrators with Goads and Flechettes, I am still debating expanding them to a 10 robot squad but not sure yet.

As it stands the are pretty much done but just need a few jewel colours adding for final work.

Next up are my Robbie the Robits, the Tech priests for them are done but these guys are still WIP, gives an overall idea for the scheme I chose based on the Mezoa colours I have used so far

[imghttps://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7OjHkOq_2IQ/WOzTZwwQsNI/AAAAAAAAFnw/vvW3NPtbbe8LPSqcO1CKLHtjmF3Z3AiHgCLcB/s1600/IMG_6188.JPG[/img]

a little bit more to do and there again is the thought to add some fisty Robbies to the squad.

I finally got some Skitarii fully completed and best to show I think are my Arc Rifle gunners. the remainder of the squads are the same.

hoping to carry this styling over to the FW squads I have on the table.

Finally we have the brains behind the operation, the Tech Priests of Mezoa and a friend.

again I tried to keep the pallette simple and uniform across the force and whilst these are 99% done (and Cawl still needs a base) I think they have come up really well.

hopefully as more units get completed I will be able to update this thread (and the Hermetika one with more work).
Khorne's Fist and Old Man78 like this.

Last edited by millest; 04-11-17 at 01:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-17, 01:42 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Okidoke, well I really like what you have done here, for a start I hate knights because they are evil hard to kill, killy things! I also love them because they look f#$king cool which is why have one waiting to be built. I love your paint scheme too, your magos have a ghost like appearance, rep of course!

Edit: have to spread the rep around before I can rep you again, so you'll have to settle for a like!
millest likes this.

Last edited by Old Man78; 04-11-17 at 01:45 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-17, 09:36 PM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Always like the look of a well painted adeptus mechanicus army. Really like the scheme too white with metallic makes it stand out from all the reds often associated with admech.

Nice keep it coming

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-17, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Forgeworld Mezoa and House Hermetika march to war - Armies on Parade entry

Over the past year or so I have been working hard and finally I have got my Knights of House Hermatika and the Servitor legions of my Mezoa Mechanicus completed and ready for AOP.

Here are some pics of my entry:

Voting at the local GW closed on Sunday lunchtime and the results went up later that afternoon:

Im extremely pleased with the results of course, given its my first ever attempt. There were some really nice entries so I am very pleased to win two awards.
Old Man78 and Brother Dextus like this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-17, 09:04 PM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Hmm nice! Pondering having some white adeptus mechanicus myself, this is a good point of reference.

But nice job!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
millest likes this.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-17, 11:45 AM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

That Tech-priest that looks like heís rising up, did you just turn the lower half around to get that effect? Thatís so simple itís brilliant and now Iím kicking myself for not thinking of doing it. Looking at one of my Tech-priests and considering breaking it at the waist to do that.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-17, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

@Roganzar yup thats it nothing complicated at all just cut him in half. sorry didnt reply sooner but didnt get any notifications for this post
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-17, 05:42 PM

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode