Where to find wheels? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By ntaw
  • 1 Post By Lord_Murdock
  • 1 Post By ntaw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-17, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

Lord_Murdock's Flag is: Canada

Default Where to find wheels?

Hello everyone!

Well, it's been a long time. Years. But, I think I've finally thought up a way to convert some Mordian-themed Autocannons and Heavy Bolters!

The only issue is that I've hit a bit of a roadblock. Warhammer bits just aren't as plentiful online as they were a few years ago. I used to be able to just go onto ebay and pick up a dozen Empire Volleygun wheels for my Lascannons, but now... not so easy. So, I'm just wondering if there are any places to get bits anymore? Heck, they don't even have to be GW bits, I just need artillery wheels that are around the right size. Here's an old picture of one of my Lascannons to give you a sense of what I'm looking for:

Now that I have 6 fully converted Lascannons like the one on the left (except finished, like I said, that's an old picture), I have no more need for the little metal ones like the one on the right. So, I got to thinking. If I changed out those little tractor tires on the metal ones for bigger artillery-style wheels, I could have Mordian guardsman stand behind them in between the ground supports to fire them. Because right now, I'm still using the Mordian Autocannons and Heavy Bolters as they came in the packs. Little tractor-like things that the guardsmen ride on. Really, not as imposing as my battery of big converted Lascannons.

So, that's my issue. Are there any sites out there where I could get some wheels? GW Empire ones or otherwise? Actually, American-civil-war-style artillery wheels would be kind of neat. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I haven't had much luck so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-17, 03:51 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I'm pretty sure Kromlech and Anvil Industries both make individually sold wheels of a few varieties. They also are usually pretty good for advertising measurements.
neferhet likes this.

Last edited by ntaw; 03-22-17 at 03:54 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-17, 08:50 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

BitsBox and BitsandKits are pretty good for GW bits. Perry Miniatures might also have some, as they do Napoleonics, or you might have to buy a whole wagon kit to get them. Shapeways might be worth a look as well. You never know what you might find on there.

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=1...n+wheels&type=

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-17, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Lord_Murdock's Flag is: Canada

Hey, thanks for the quick responses!

Anvil Industries had some wheels that were sooo close to being perfect! Just a little too small...

I checked out your other suggestions too, and did a bit of googling myself, and that's when I remembered that Lego made wagon wheels in their old cowboy sets. I found a couple in my old collection, and it turns out the larger sized wagon wheels should fit just about right. Well, this isn't the first time I've used Lego in my warhammer conversions. Should be easier to buy in bulk too

Thanks again!
ntaw likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-17, 12:11 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Lego for the win!
Fallen likes this.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-17, 06:51 AM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode