Guilliman conversion help - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-17, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Default Guilliman conversion help

Yo guys imve got a hold of my guilliman model now and am starting to plan my conversion from guilliman to Lion el johnson.
So far ive only been able to find Lion Shoulder Pads #3 - Element Games - Warhammer and Warhammer 40k Store (which i want to ask you opinion to for use in one of his shoulders)
But im struggling to find on any 3rd party/ebay/GW websites anything i can use to convert his sword and legplates to coincide more with the lion and the dark angels over Guilliman and ultramarines

Are the shoulder im looking at a good pick
And also does anyone know where i might find pieces like:
https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.n...nt-500x336.jpg (I adore the head on this and it would fit Lion el johnson amazingly)
https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.n...nt-496x500.jpg (The knee plates on this model would also fit amazingly with the head and the shoulders i chosen)
Edit: i was also planning to get lion themed pieces from AoS sets to get things like a chestplate and bracers

Any help to further this or any criticism on what ive chosen is really helful

We are the angels of death!
Repent for tomorrow you die (Including you Cypher)

Last edited by kalidris; 03-15-17 at 09:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-17, 09:14 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Those shoulderpads won't fit - Guilliman's shoulderpads are quite a bit bigger than a normal marine's.

Sword: If you have Guilliman, you have Cypher. Cypher's carrying what sure as hell looks like a sheathed Lion's Blade, so you've got the hilt if you cut it loose (plus a sheathe to be attached to a belt or on his back). You can cut the Emperor's Blade down carefully for a properly-sized blade, the length should probably be close at least. Or make one yourself.

Legplates: There's not actually that many Omegas there. The double-headed and single-headed eagles (for the Imperium and Emperor) are respectable symbols If you wish to change them like the Omega on the kneepad, you can file the symbols off carefully and greenstuff/freehand something properly First Legion. Guilliman's sufficiently unique that I don't think you're going to be finding much else in his size.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-17, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

He seems to be a rather similar size to a contemptor dreadnought from our sizings today at my local Gw (unless we just measured up wrong)
And i was planning to leave alot of the markings alone it was more so to put a little flair or lions on him and remove any ultramarine symbols

Edit: AoS pieces seemed to be scaled up compared to that of 40k which may yield parts as storm cast parts are covered in lion decals

We are the angels of death!
Repent for tomorrow you die (Including you Cypher)

Last edited by kalidris; 03-15-17 at 09:47 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode