AoS starter set - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-16, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Kokkor Hekkus's Flag is: Portugal

Default AoS starter set

Hi everybody

I'm tempted to buy the neu AoS starter set. The minis for chaos are awesome and I think that the monster with some wings will be a great tzeentch deamon prince.

The problem here is that I don't want the shinny golden figures from the other side. I have found someone that wants to buy the starter with me, but he says that the Chaos is almost 2/3 of the box and does not want to spilt 50/50.

I think the box is well balanced and 50/50 is the deal but I can't find the prices on all the model to compare, Anyone can help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-16, 11:42 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

The guy is looking to get a bunch of models for much less than what they are worth. While there are more Chaos Models than the Sigmar models, the kit is relatively balanced so that they are about the same effectiveness on the board. The box is already nearly $400 US dollars in savings (roughly $525 worth of models for $125). If you really want the calculations I can provide them to you, though it is an estimate since most of the Chaos models aren't sold outside of this kit. But I would keep looking for someone who would do a 50/50 split.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-16, 11:51 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
The guy is looking to get a bunch of models for much less than what they are worth. While there are more Chaos Models than the Sigmar models, the kit is relatively balanced so that they are about the same effectiveness on the board. The box is already nearly $400 US dollars in savings (roughly $525 worth of models for $125). If you really want the calculations I can provide them to you, though it is an estimate since most of the Chaos models aren't sold outside of this kit. But I would keep looking for someone who would do a 50/50 split.
this, a 50/50 split is worth the money for Stormcast players, people who deny that are cheap asses.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-16, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Kokkor Hekkus's Flag is: Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
Thanks. I had the ideia that 50/50 was the fair deal, but I could be wrong. He has accepted the 50/50 but now he says he wants the rulebook and the booklet. I care not for the books but I did not liked that we wanted to play fool out of me so i rejected the deal
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-16, 11:14 PM

At our GW store here we had quite a few people go splits on the box. No one ever complained that a 50/50 was unfair. You do get more individual models with the Chaos side, but the Stormcast units cost more. If you don't care about the book it's a good way to close the deal.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode