Pariahs - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-16, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Default Pariahs

Thinking about Pariahs in that fluff thread got me all nostalgic. I did some digging and it turns out I have eighteen of the things, in various condition. A few look like they'll be unusable. About half are missing their weapons. Most of them are paint stripped. Three were in good enough condition to work on immediately, so I sated my immediate nostalgia lust on them. They did not have weapons present, so I improvised.

I had to cur the shields down in height because these bastards aren't as tall as lychguard. I think once they're painted the different style of arms shouldn't be too noticeable. I'm not sure what I'll do with these guys yet. I may just mix them in with my Lychguard units, use them as Necron Lords or maybe write some custom rules for homebrew games. With any luck, gw will come back to these guys in the future like they did with genestealer cults but for now this is keeping me happy.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-16, 11:09 AM

Brother Armiger's Flag is: USA

Did they ever cite a reason- fluff or otherwise- that Pariahs weren't in the game any more? I'd heard they were removed.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-16, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Armiger View Post
Did they ever cite a reason- fluff or otherwise- that Pariahs weren't in the game any more? I'd heard they were removed.
There was no reason given. They were there in the 3rd ed codex, and gone in the 5th. They still appear in one or two novels though, so as far as I'm concerned they still exist in the setting.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-16, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
There was no reason given. They were there in the 3rd ed codex, and gone in the 5th. They still appear in one or two novels though, so as far as I'm concerned they still exist in the setting.
They're somewhere with the Squats, then.

I love this game, but I can honestly say some of the decisions that GW makes are just idiotic. They had some pretty crucial ties to their original lore, didn't they? Some kind of attempt to convert humanoids over to Necrons or something?

Last edited by Brother Armiger; 05-03-16 at 12:49 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-16, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Armiger View Post
They had some pretty crucial ties to their original lore, didn't they? Some kind of attempt to convert humanoids over to Necrons or something?
Yea. The necrons were in the shadows of almost everything, and spreading the pariah gene and converting humans into their new soldiers was a big part of their long term. Granted the necrons themselves have new goals now, but the same ideal can still be said to apply to the c'tan. Even in their fractured state, the c'tan shards are incredibly powerful and dangerous beings, as capable of playing the long game as their complete selves always were.

On the topic of these models, I just ordered a bunch of cyber glaives from Puppetswar, so that should help me fill the void of the damaged and lost weapons these guys have.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-16, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Yea. The necrons were in the shadows of almost everything, and spreading the pariah gene and converting humans into their new soldiers was a big part of their long term. Granted the necrons themselves have new goals now, but the same ideal can still be said to apply to the c'tan. Even in their fractured state, the c'tan shards are incredibly powerful and dangerous beings, as capable of playing the long game as their complete selves always were.

On the topic of these models, I just ordered a bunch of cyber glaives from Puppetswar, so that should help me fill the void of the damaged and lost weapons these guys have.
Call me weird, but I always thought pariahs would look 'creepier' wearing some kind of scaled hood/cloak.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-16, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Feed

The skin is peeled off their faces and who knows where else to be replaced by metal. That's still pretty creepy.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-16, 01:01 PM

Quote:

The skin is peeled off their faces and who knows where else to be replaced by metal. That's still pretty creepy.

Always kind of reminded me of Metropolis. That weird 30's future decor always kind of creeped me out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode