Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Christmas gift; Knights vs. Vikings chess set

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Jace of Ultramar 
#1 ·
First of all, Merry Christmas to all!
It's about 2:30 am, Christmas morning. I just finished this chess set as a gift for my Dad.

The board set.

Overview.

Knights.

Vikings.

The Kings.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you, I'm hoping he does! He is a huge Chess player and has a fold out cardboard game mat and the same plastic pieces for longer than I've been alive, no joke that's a fact, it's the same box set up he was given by my grandparents a few years before he and my mother married.

Great work! I have the same planed for myself. Just can't decide on what races to use. Elves vs Ork maybe.
Thank you! Whichever races you choose, I'm sure it will look good! I'm considering doing another one for myself, but, unsure if I want different pieces or just buy the same ones again.

That looks awesome! Great work

I recognize the Viking Hero, Amon model from Reaper Minis. Awesome little model, despite the horned helmet. Where did you get the rest of the minis from?
Thank you! Actually, they are all Reaper. I made an order online, through their web store, and took care of the purchases coming from one place. Reaper has so many different minis that they were just the smart choice to turn to for what I needed. :grin:

#4 ·
That looks awesome! Great work

I recognize the Viking Hero, Amon model from Reaper Minis. Awesome little model, despite the horned helmet. Where did you get the rest of the minis from?

#13 ·
Thank you, I'm glad you like it! I recommend getting an early jumpstart on it though. I did have some distractions between now and October when I started. The reaction and look on his face was very rewarding and worth the work.

That's a badass chess set. Well done.
Thank you! :)

Don't forget to tell us how the game goes.

I'm sure I'll end up going to the store while I'm down visiting my Grandma, so I'll see about getting some pictures of the store for you. They've got some pretty neat dioramas in a back room that are awesome.
The first couple games were great! He was excited about seeing all the pieces assembled on the board for the first time and said it was the coolest Chess Game he has ever had :)

If you get pics of the store, that would be great! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.