Display Tau Army by Awaken Realms - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-15, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Awaken Realms's Flag is: Poland

Default Display Tau Army by Awaken Realms

Hello there,

Recently we had a real Tau invasion they came with their best technology, most advanced battlesuits, Remora drones and Barracuda aircrafts, with bursting, technologically advanced weaponry and alien, high-tech equipment. Their camouflage painted vehicles laid waste to an Imperial outpost, on which rubble leftovers the surveillance servo-skulls captured pictures of the attacking force.

Imperial Commanders pointed out the radiating patterns on the alien weaponry, camo pattern that let them blend into the urban environment and appear unnoticed until it was too late.

Watch the captured pictures with Imperial Commanders and see the magnificence of the Tau superior technology!

It was a great project for us to paint not only the idea of camo pattern and high-technology, radiating patterns covering parts of the vehicles and heat glow complement each other nicely, but also we had a plenty of time to go wild on the models to bring out the best quality we could offer, results of what you may see below we took the photos from various angles for you to better see the models from each side. I hope that you like them.

What do you think of the models?

Get your miniatures painted by us!
Our Gallery
Sign-up for our WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
Painting tutorials

Last edited by Awaken Realms; 06-18-15 at 02:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-15, 01:08 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Fantastic work as always. That camo is super clean looking and you've done really well making the models distinct and mean.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-15, 04:10 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

The camo effect is super nice I really like that. I really like the circuit effect you did especially on the fire warriors guns that was genius. I know I have bashed you on glow effect you do and I understand there are people that like it. I like the glow effect and I think you nailed it on this army for the most part. You made various things glow but the glow effect didn't cover half the models chest it was limited to a small area. Where I think it fails is the main gun on the hammer head gunship. It just looks like it was added so that the gun barrel wasn't a big black blob. I wish you would camoed the barrel out and left the power supply black and added red to the power supply to make it look like it was powered up and ready to fire. Also the red blotches on the base don't make sense they are just randomly placed and they are the same color as the red glow effect. Honestly, they could have been left off and it would have let the models stand out more because the paint job on the models was amazing. Still incredible work and I like seeing your stuff.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
The camo effect is super nice I really like that. I really like the circuit effect you did especially on the fire warriors guns that was genius. I know I have bashed you on glow effect you do and I understand there are people that like it. I like the glow effect and I think you nailed it on this army for the most part. You made various things glow but the glow effect didn't cover half the models chest it was limited to a small area. Where I think it fails is the main gun on the hammer head gunship. It just looks like it was added so that the gun barrel wasn't a big black blob. I wish you would camoed the barrel out and left the power supply black and added red to the power supply to make it look like it was powered up and ready to fire. Also the red blotches on the base don't make sense they are just randomly placed and they are the same color as the red glow effect. Honestly, they could have been left off and it would have let the models stand out more because the paint job on the models was amazing. Still incredible work and I like seeing your stuff.
First of all, thank you for all of your words of comments so far - you've been sharing your oppinion with us for some time and always pointed out valuable notes regarding our painting.
Indeed, the glow effect has it's followers and opponents - in this particular example we were trying to emphasize the amount of heat the highly advanced suits are producing. I'm glad that you like it;) For Hammerhead, it was meant to show the heat produced by the barrel right after the shot - but your approach is also a good one.
I personally do like the circuit pattern and it's my favourite armywide detail.
The red glow on the base is from the leftover lamps and lighting that remain to shine after all of the damage dealt to the buildings.

Overall, my humble thanks for your comments - please keep up with our threads that are to come.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 05:36 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

The scatter camo and the overall scheme looks good. The circuit board patterns are an excellent touch. And some of the glows in this army seem spot on especially on some weapons, but many of them on the bodies are still very over the top and detract from the excellence.

And I've been wondering for a while why you/your team always paint the glow on the intakes? I understand painting it on the exhaust vents because those are going to be hot or have fiery jets coming out. But the intakes should be significantly cooler.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-15, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

This is just the esthetique we used at first, and it met the liking of our customers, so we're continuing the trend. Of course, we're painting also without the OSL or with it more toned when the customer wish so.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-16, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Hello,

Welcome back in 2016! Do you remember a Display Tau army we’ve been doing some time ago? It’s time to unfold a second part of it! Please take a look at few sneak-peaks, soon there will be MORE to come…;)

Get your miniatures painted by us!
Our Gallery
Sign-up for our WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
Painting tutorials
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-16, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Hello,

Time for and update!

Only few models are left, soon you’ll be able to see them all gathered!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-16, 07:08 PM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Wow! Even more nice work as always well done as always.

Youa all at awakened realm certainly do some amazing work.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-16, 07:17 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

How long does such a project take and how many of you work on them?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode