Tau Y'Vahra taking fire! - diorama by Awaken Realms - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-15, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Awaken Realms's Flag is: Poland

Default Tau Y'Vahra taking fire! - diorama by Awaken Realms

As the guns ablaze with heavy fire, the Yívahra suit did not falter, and when it was almost certainly apparent that the massed fire will shred it to bits, the force shield activated itís hexagonal pattern of flickering light, depleting the barrage of direct hits with impenetrable field.
Take a closer look at the model!

Would you like to see more cinematics effects on the models?

Get your miniatures painted by us!
Our Gallery
Sign-up for our WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
Painting tutorials
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-15, 02:28 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Arrr! you went and messed up a wonderful paint job with the glow effect again. The chest to me is just over done. If the chest vents were done like the ones behind his head this would be a great piece and this is coming from someone that doesn't like Tau. Tone the glow effect down a little more and wow this would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken Realms View Post
Would you like to see more cinematics effects on the model?
Heck yeah go for it. the flybase force shields are ok but lack something maybe if they had been heated and curved slightly or the shape changed a little it would have added a more dramatic effect. Bullet impacts on the shields could be another option. Because while they are painted nicely I'm not sure they add much to the model. They are just flying bases turned upside down and stuck on the model.

Still good paint just tone down the glow effect and little creativity with the shields and this would be a great display model.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 08:37 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

I think @morfangdakka hit it on the head. This would have been a much better model without the over-glow and the shields. The force shields really still look like flying bases, or worse glowing mushrooms sprouting from his torso.

The explosion on the ground partly works. I think it's too red, so it looks like it has more to do with his suit glows than a blast in the ground. I think something dustier/smokier with more smoke would look more like an explosion.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 09:40 PM

jams's Flag is: Wales

seriously guys, tone the OSL down. it's really spoiling your work

Follow my online ramblings:
Blog: http://crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @geochimp
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-15, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Awaken Realms's Flag is: Poland

Thank you guys for your commentaries and feedback - I'm aware that the our approach of OSL may not be to everyone's tastes - but the way we're doing it appear to some part of the community that much that they are outright asking for it (like in the example above or the Necron army we've shared recently), so how the models are done is always due to the customer's vision. We're painting also the armies without OSL if the customer wishes not to include the effect (f.e. our recent tyranids).

Also, thank you for suggestions regarding force shields. If we'd ever have the opportunity to do some similar effects in the future, we'll surely experiment with something new and see the results;)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode